“Nice presentation”

Dining options: Reservations
holland
“Nice presentation”
Reviewed July 16, 2013

Welcome change to find a vegetarian option. Using local produce. However, it was out of season weekend and quite a few items were off (e.g. no fruit juices at all). Service very good, but I think in the end the dishes were all a bit similar

Visited July 2013

• Turkish first
Montreal, Canada
“Healthy food”
Reviewed July 8, 2013

I love vegetarian food, this is not the tastiest I had but compare to most of the food you get in Cuba this is excellent. It was also so great to eat fresh and healthy food. We went twice, the first time we were not lucky since we arrived at the same time as a tour bus for lunch...we waited for a disastrous 2 hours for our food...but we give it another try for dinner and this time all was good! Beware of the limonade and other drinks...they don't write on the menu which herbs or spice they add in and my limonade tasted nothing like fresh limonade!!

Visited June 2013
Coxen Hole, Honduras
“Great vegetarian food”
Reviewed June 25, 2013

We are not vegetarians (I used to be) but I dragged my boyfriend there after hearing the rave reviews and even he came out loving it. We had a great meal full of different flavors and interesting combinations - all put together and cooked incredibly and presented beautifully on top of it. Not to add that all the food is fresh, they use solar power and keep their own bees! They had a large group of kids there so originally said they wouldn't have space but then they called our hotel room to let us know they could seat us after all! We were very happy with the service, though they were a little backed up and didn't have a few things due to the 30 kids there, but understandable! Highly recommended!

• Visited June 2013
Belfast, United Kingdom
“Nice”
Reviewed May 18, 2013

A veggie restaurant in Cuba is something of a rarity (I must have eaten 40 omelettes on my trip) so I was delighted to find this. We had a set meal and really like it... lots to eat and unusual stuff as well. I'd recommend giving it a go.

Visited April 2013
Cologne, Germany
“Cannot understand the hype...”
Reviewed May 13, 2013

We tried El Romero while in Las Terrazas due to all the raving reviews. Although we are not vegetarian, we sometimes like to eat vegetarian food, but I am sorry, apparently we caught them on a bad night or we don’t "get" this restaurant…

Since they were advertising with all the fresh ingredients and herbs they were using, I was expecting something else. The food was beautifully arranged, but some parts were not very tasty (lotus flower ceviche was acrid, some herbs were unpleasantly bitter, soggy tempura). The amounts were very small and therefore quite overpriced. I tried a daiquiri made with their own honey, it was incredibly sour. The staff was sullen and fast-paced, with two courses and drinks we were out in under 45 min.

To end on a good note: We had some veggie sticks and dips, they were good. They also had some delicious homemade bread (also used in the empanadas, so I recommend those), that was the best part of the dinner.

It is definitely something else, different from all restaurants else we visited in Cuba, and I wanted to like it, but I would not return and rather try some other restaurant, if I only had 1-2 nights in Las Terrazas.

• Visited May 2013