“Two Restaurants in One Location, both divine”
Review of Black Rock Pizza

Black Rock Pizza
Ranked #5 of 15 Restaurants in Blairmore
Cuisines: Pizza, Canadian, Italian
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Delivery, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Specializing in hand stretched/tossed crusts made in house daily, piled high with delicious toppings! Add one of our salads and a drink to round out your meal!
Waterloo, Canada
“Two Restaurants in One Location, both divine”
Reviewed July 18, 2014

Who knew, in a small location such as Crows Nest Pass, that there would be not only good dining out, but exceptional quality in food and service?

At first I was enchanted by the sister restaurant, Bamboo Bistro, an eclectic mix of Thai and also Indian dishes.

Both the Bistro and Black Rock share the same address -- and the beauty of this is, that you can order from both menus! Yes, you can. You want Thai or Indian exceptional cuisine, but your guests want pizza; you can order from both menus and all of you will be delighted.

It's not difficult to say which had the most eye candy: Bamboo Bistro presented appetizers, salads and mains in exquisite pottery, to such a degree that my guest purchased the beautiful bowl the salad was served in. I believe, if memory serves me correctly, that it's Muddy Mouse something Pottery. Gorgeous. Talk about your keepsake; I'm from Ontario.

Our first meal was so outstanding that I immediately booked a table for the following evening to experience both menus: Indian, Thai, plus extraordinary pizza ensembles.

We were not disappointed.

What you should know: this is a family business. I love supporting family businesses. But it also means you may spend a wee bit more time waiting....cause who knows what's happening, in the kitchen, with the servers and what not. It's worth the wait, and let me say the wine list makes the wait that much easier.

Would I go again, yes, again and again...except I'm in Ontario. I will be back, and I can't wait to visit Black Rock Pizza and Bamboo Bistro.

• Visited July 2014
1 Thank Redamazonsun

Houston, Texas
“Delicious food”
Reviewed July 5, 2014

We ate here twice--the food really was great.

The menu was small but had quite a bit to offer (Japanese, Indian, Thai, pizza). The food was outstanding. It was well priced and looked (and smelled) delicious.
The problem I found was the staff. While the lunch waitress was personable and nice it took an eternity to receive service. She brought a bottle of water, very kind but the service was very slow.

We returned for dinner. We spoke to the owner--great guy, personable and seems to really know what he is doing (and enjoy it). Despite this, the service was very poor. We sat with empty water glasses for the entirety of dinner. Despite having two (or more) staff, the owner had to do everything. The bar back (probably a new hire without any idea of helping out) only dried glasses. She could have easily refilled waters, cleaned tables, or something helpful.

I would highly recommend the food at this restaurant. Hopefully the management fixes the service. It is a great restaurant and I'd love to see it prosper.

• Visited July 2014
Foster City, California
“Best Pizza in the Pass”
Reviewed April 17, 2014

We recently ordered the train wreck and Hawaiian pizzas and a couple of salads. It was a fantastic experience! We will be sure to go back next time we are in town.

• Visited April 2014
Crowsnest Pass
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great Pizza”
Reviewed October 10, 2013

The service and the food was great. Our waitress was so much fun that you get a at home feeling when you are there

• Visited October 2013
Lethbridge, Canada
“Delicious Pizza and Sushi”
Reviewed September 29, 2013

Delicious fresh food. Amazing staff. Great service. Perfect location. Close to the highway. Enjoyable for the entire family!

Visited September 2013