“Funky coffee shop”

Ranked #1 of 16 Restaurants in Blairmore
Cuisines: Diner, Healthy
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast
Description: Located on sunny main street Blairmore, this popular little cafe was established in 2003. Relaxed and kid-friendly, we're a great choice to eat in, with our comfortable atmosphere, but there are always options for the grab and go crowd. Get off the highway and find us on main street...You deserve better than gas station coffee!
Reviewed April 14, 2013

You can get breakfast, all day I think. Dishes are creative. Sweets are great. One table has a hiking map painted on it if you're interested.

jess152, Owner at Stone's Throw Cafe, responded to this reviewResponded April 15, 2013

Thanks so much for taking the time to review! We hope you can stop in again!

Reviewed October 30, 2012 via mobile

We stopped here after visiting the Frank Slide Interpretive Centre after reading the reviews here. We were certainly not disappointed! I had the Rocky Road Bar and my Husband tried the blueberry loaf as well as the cranberry version as he couldn't decide. Loved the decor with all the cool old chairs and other up y led pieces.

Reviewed September 21, 2012

...and Rhubarb Squares worth driving across Canada for! (Yes, they are THAT incredible) Stone's Throw is a gem tucked away along the main street of Blairmore, Alberta. Incredible soups, creative and fresh sandwiches, wonderful salads, All-DAY breakfasts (gotta love that) and sweet treats to tempt everyone. Gotta try the Rhubarb Squares and Almond Tarts! And get some for the road, you'll be glad you did.

Reviewed August 30, 2012

Always great fresh food and coffee. The owners are very caring and sociable. It is next door to a great Spa and in a central location. If you go try the rhubarb squares, they are yummy.

Reviewed August 21, 2012

I loved this shop! I was in Blairmore desperately searching for espresso and found it here. The coffee was so good I decided to come back for lunch and dine in and enjoy the laid back, cosy feel of the dining room. I had an egg salad sandwich and a freshly pressed carrot juice that I loved.

I texted a friend and told her this restaurant reminded me of Luke's Diner form the hit TV show Gilmore Girls. If I lived in Blairmore, I would be at this cafe on a daily basis. Definitely stop in for breakfast or lunch when you are in the area!