“nice patio”

Cuisines: European, Mexican, Fusion
Good for: Large groups
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed July 15, 2013

Friendly service and the food was good, especially the veal! Pretty little patio up top gets lots of sun.

Reviewed June 16, 2013

After a great morning of hiking up to Window Mountain Lake we were all famished. Our meal was fresh, hot and delicious. One person had the Australian Pizza, two had burgers and I had the special, ribeye tacos with green tomatillo sauce. Speaking on the silence that descended onto our table when the food arrived I'd say everyone was satisfied!

Reviewed May 25, 2013

It has been a while since we went to Popiel's and since we were in the area, we thought we would go in for a late lunch/early dinner.
The front end staff were very nice, fast and efficient.
I had the lasagna and my wife had the alfredo without the peppers. I would think that if the customer has asked for no peppers, this should be a clue to the kitchen that maybe this person might not like anything in the line of peppers, including onions or chives. My wife's alfredo was loaded with chives which she had to pick out. If the menu stated that chives were in the sauce, she would have asked for no chives as well as no peppers.
I had the lasagna. I must say that was the most bland lasagna I have ever had. There was a layer of cheese on the top, no cheese inside, loads of noodles and a very watery meat sauce. And as I mentioned, there was no flavor.
For desert.... well lets say it is not made in house and was about the same.... very boring.
Did I tell our server? no, it was not her fault. The meal was not bad....presentation was fine, it just did not taste good.
Will I return? As nice as our server was.... sorry, the meal was not worth it.

Popiels, Owner at Limber Pine Smokehouse & Taberna, responded to this reviewResponded May 29, 2013

Hello Paul,

As a Front of the House Manager/Owner I'm very to sorry and concern to hear about your last experience at our Restaurant. However, me or the Chef are always around all day long, and I would have appreciate it if you would have let us know so we would have taken immediate action to make your dining experience better.

About our "Complementary Desserts" , I try to keep at least three different choices daily and one or two are made and baked in house by myself, I apologized if the options for the day weren't good enough for your taste.

Finally, I'd like to extend my apologies once again and ask you to possible give us another chance. We would go above and beyond to make up for your last visit. Thanks for your feedback, we can always learn and make it better.

Sally Clark

Reviewed April 19, 2013

I had a lovely lunch with old school friends at Popiel's restaurant in the Crowsnest Pass The restaurant is lovely and clean and the staff are very friendly and outgoing. We were never hurried nor did we feel rushed and our lunches were tasty and beautifully presented

Definitely recommend this restaurant to fellow travelers

Reviewed April 14, 2013

It's billed as fine dining. Slightly pricey. Glass table tops = bad for toddlers. I don't recommend bringing in your small kids as everyone is there for fine dining. The staff are nice but everytime the kids squeak I feel judged by patrons.