“Surya villas is the one of the best resort ever visited .”

Suryavilas Luxury Resort & Spa
Ranked #1 of 11 Hotels in Solan
Reviewed June 14, 2012

HI I am MR. khosla .The resort is very nice , rooms are excellent , service is all very good & quick too, including the ( GOLF CART SERVICE ) . Food is up to the mark we could say it as very delicious ....... I liked the JACUZZI and the infinity designed open pool for all ....too. OVERALL IT WAS A NICE & LUXURIOUS STAY AT SURYA VILLAS ........

Room Tip: I STAYED for 2 nights 3 days in resort with my family . we had the booked premium room in the vill...
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
7  Thank AMANKHOSLA

Reviewed April 18, 2012

I was looking for a nice spa resort within 4-5 hours drive from Delhi to spend few days with my wife on her birthday, while searching on TripAdvisor I came across this property. The reviews, website and overall feedback were good enough to book. Called up the booking office and they were happy to extend me a nice package within my pocket, would have been easy for them since the bookings were for weekdays in Feb 2012.
It took us almost 6 hours to reach the resort (about 300 kms off Delhi) with two short stoppages on the way. As many other reviewers have pointed, the approach road specially from Gandhigram to the resort. The road is in bad shape and seems to have been under development for a long time. I had a tough time maneuvering on such a bad road that too driving down hill. The hotel front office folks were helped me on the way to figure out the way to the resort, had been on phone with these folks ever since I crossed Parwanoo. Reaching the resort was tough but all our worries got over when we reached the resort. It was a one of the finest resorts located quietly on the hill side and spread over acres. The resort is large to the extent they have arranged for golf carts to travel guests from one place to another.

We were quickly escorted to our room and it matched most of my expectations. A fairly large room with a very nice bed alongwith a sprawling view of nicely manicured and maintained gardens and the hill side. The room was very clean, comfortable and spacious, had a king size bed with double mattress. The bathroom was very large and had a dressing room beside. One exciting feature of the bathroom was the glass roof above the pool area and hot running water. It was extremely cold when we reached the resort and a nice hot water bath was quiet refreshing.

We had a good time over the next two days, the restaurant and the spa were located on the hill top, though the front office had informed her to call for the golf cart, we still decided to walk up and down the hill. It was great fun and ofcourse very tiring to walk up and down the hill especially after having a spa treatment or meals. There’s a lot of activities available on board like the mini theater which is available on request, activity room and a separate area for kids (alongwith a caretaker present there at all times). Our idea for booking this resort was to relax and enjoy the spa. The spa at Suryavilas is at par amongst the finest that I’ve been to (have been to many spa resorts and standalone spas earlier). Its though a bit small and located on the hilltop but has all the facilities one would look forward. I booked many therapies over there for me and my wife. The spa manager helped us in selecting the right therapy/treatment for us and it indeed turned out to be a blessing at the end. One must note, that the spa at Suryavilas do not specialize in traditional massages that are usually available everywhere else (though they are also available here), but the best part is the treatments like body wraps, scrubs which are amongst the best one can indulge in. A must if anyone is visiting the resort. Its though costly but worth every penny spent.
The restaurant was also quiet large and offers limited but very good food. The bar was also well stocked and got majorly all the brands that I was looking for. There were though only one other family on board, but the staff was kind to entertain all our requests. They have an inhouse bakery that serves freshly baked stuff (also available for sale on on-demand basis), a must on the menu.

Overall, it is a very fine property and have been maintained, a little more detailing can really add to the charm. I would suggest anyone who wants to take time off and runaway from the fastmoving life at the metropolitan to spend 2-3 days here, get rejuvenated and hit back with full throttle. A spa treatment is a must.

Room Tip: A super deluxe room with a great view and access to the garden or the premium room with a private ja...
  • Stayed: February 2012, traveled as a couple
4  Thank Gaurav G
Reviewed April 12, 2012

hi travellers and friends - i visited this property situated abt 25kms from solan on the nahan road and would like to share my atrocious experience with all. I was there from 29th march 2012 to 31st march; The property was absolutely vacant with no families at all - only during the weekend we had few guests (around 4 families); the cost of a room is very high as compared to the quality of services ; we arrived on the first day and had food at their restaurant , after which we were feeling very uncomfortable and had feeling of vomiting ( all three of my family members ) ; We thought it could be due to the hilly terraing and our travel; however the very next day day my son who is ten year old had acute food poisoning and since there was no medical doctor on duty in the luxury resort which is abt 25km from the main city - we had to rush to the district hospital in solan at 10:30 PM ; The doctor on duty declared severe food poisoning ; In the mean time myself and my wife also started vomiting wjile we were heading to the hospital at night; My main concern is that the medical facility should be available in the resort which is claimed to be 5star rated and this is mentioned in their brochure ( pls cnfm before u book the room - as very risky in case of any emergency ) ; this was a very horrifying experience and which is not expected from the management who are allowing stale / unhyegenic food to be served to the visitors................. Pls make yr choices before heading to this destination ??

Room Tip: normally u will find all rooms available - however deluxe room is good enough as above categories ar...
  • Stayed: March 2012, traveled with family
6  Thank sumit17
Reviewed February 13, 2012

We recently spent 2 nights at this hotel for our anniversary. The room was nice and had a good view. Very peaceful and relaxed weekend. Not much to do or visit nearby which meant - full relaxation! The service at the resturant was great. The head chef - can't recall his name, went out of his way to look after our requests and fed us some of the tastiest things ever. His collection of dessert items especially the brownie was amazing! Also, thank you for the cake on our anniversary! We went for a couple massage at the SPA also. Was very relaxing and professionaly done. Time given in the Jacuzzi after the massage was bliss! The only drawback was the approach road of about a kilometer. Terrible. Lot of work happening there and it was so narrow that it was actually dangerous. A bus came from the other side and we couldn't reverse nor give way and had to really squeeze to the side and hit the rocks on the side! :( Apart from that I would say it was a good weekend away!

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled as a couple
6  Thank gaurav_m71
Reviewed October 25, 2011

Thank you for creating such a wonderful paradise on earth. We have been to so many spas in the world but nothing compares to Suryavilas Luxury Spa Resort at Solan. The people, the staff, the treatments, are luxury to the end and their care and warmth is great.

Rare to find a place that puts all together the mind, body and soul. We started coming to Suryavilas since 2009 and throughout the years, it was wonderful and it kept its level of a five star property of Wellness destination.

Thank you one more time and God bless you all.

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled as a couple
7  Thank LinguistMasters
Reviewed August 30, 2011

A good resort with great pool,a good spa offering relaxing treatments and good food.
We stayed in 4rooms, on half board. There was plenty for everyone to do. The kids enjoyed the play area and the pools. While the adults enjoyed the spa treatments.
The food was good though could have been better.
The rooms were very clean.The resort is very huge so you call the golf cart to take you where ever you want if you cant walk that long.
There is a small theatre where you can enjoy movies.
A very enjoyable time was spent there with family.

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled with family
3  Thank taanika
Reviewed August 24, 2011

Been there on 22nd August with my family the place is like heaven. We had a great time at resort they have all the facilities in house swimming pool, SPA, billiard , even private theatre. We have a private screening of Movie THANKYOU

Staff was very courteous , food was good with a vast variety.

Overall a great holiday. Keep it up SURYA VILLAS.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled with family
6  Thank sanjeev_kandhari
Also consider these accommodations in or near Solan
Moksha Himalaya Spa Resort
Forest Ville Hotel & Resort
Kasauli Exotica
Kasauli Exotica
#7 of 17 in Kasauli

Been to Suryavilas Luxury Resort & Spa? Share your experiences!