“Don't expect any politeness here”
Review of Sea View

Sea View
Sea View
Ranked #10 of 11 Hotels in Dona Paula
Reviewed February 15, 2011

This is not a place to stay if you are going for relaxation and leisure. It is actually a hostel with a strict warden who would dictate her rules if you wish to stay there. The rooms have the basic amenities but it is your luck if they would function or not. There are some better rooms which are reserved for ESI staff. There is no security system apart from the fact that it is located next to police station. There is no view of sea, you will need to walk 600-700 meters to get a view of the sea. We checked out the next morning itself to a better place.

• Stayed: February 2011, traveled with family
9  Thank delhifamily

Reviewed February 21, 2010

I had one work in Panajim and had to stay there for 2-3 days. The party said there is good hotel to stay and I went this hotel.

This hotel is located near famoud Dona paula beach where shooting of Kamal Hasan's movie was conducted. This is very romantic spot developed by Goa tourism. I will tell you about the same later.

I checked in with required formalities. Its ideal to stay single or even 2-3 people also. The room was neat and had typeical small height beds with cotton bedsheets of squares. Room facilities like dressing table, Cable TV, Bathroom etc. were there. Also one small table was there which I used as my work table after my office hours. AC was also provided and well functional. I didnt checked water heater as it was hot ouside and I preferred to bath with cold water.

This hotel is at very strategic location. This is in front of chowk where the buses from Panjim drop you for Dona paula beach and return back panjim. So there is very nice connectivity with the capital city. If you take left turn you reach Donal paula beach in just 10 mins walking. I went there for Morning walk. Very pleasant walk ! There were not much people there and I enjoyed every moment of the walk and spot. They have developed a nice structure on the top from where we can see the sea shore and adjuscent hotels also. There are many hotels nearby having private access to the beach. But the rates are quite high. I enjoyed the sunrise through boats, trees and orange color sunlight falling on sea water waves. There is also small path into the sea where sea water is in all 3 sides where you stop. i also came back in evening and watched the sea in lights. There were many restaurants there. i choose one there and enjoyed nice food with music of sea waves.

From my hotel there is another small beach if we take right turn. This was also just 5-10 min walk. I choosed this for next day morning walk. This is not very famous but I found many people there for morning walk. There was small play area and amenities developed for children. This garden on beach is good landscaped garden and bit surprise for me. Here also sea is beautiful but I couldnt see sun rise as it was on Dona paula beach.

The hotel was not having restaurant but they provided me breakfast like Jam-butter slice. There are small shops nearby hence i could get basi things there like shaving, packed food.

I stayed there 3 nights and then returned my city. It was pleasant stay at touris place like goa and that too near a beach. Also the hotel was fitting the budget and was nice option for travellers.

I will definitely come back with family to have another pleasant stay, this time added romance with my wife and kid !

• Stayed: February 2009, traveled on business
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
6  Thank PuneTravelbud
#3 of 5 in Margao
M The Business Hotel
M The Business Hotel
#2 of 8 in Vasco da Gama

Been to Sea View? Share your experiences!