“Real miracle !!!”

I Grandi di Toscana
“Real miracle !!!”
Reviewed September 6, 2012 via mobile

Impossible to describe the Paradise! Recommend to everyone! Dream to return. It was divine vacation! Thanks a lot!

Alessandra with impeccable taste and love created the harmony in the hills of Tuscany. A comfortable and cozy room
with a soft bed and fluffy towels, the morning bicycle rides along the vineyards and olive rosch,
among the flowering fields, refreshing swimming pool with clear water and fresh breakfast
with local delicacies at a convenient time ...

Thanks to the care lovely hosts, we visited the most beautiful places and taste the most delicious food and wine!

We recommend to all is a magical place! You will not regret!

Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
Reviewed August 23, 2012

We stayed with our children (7,9) in the Pinnochio apartment which is a corner apartment closest to the pool. I had booked with Alessandra and asked about a garden by the room so when our kids go to bed, we don't have to and she switched some things around to make sure we had that. She knew that was important for us and I loved the fact that she remembered my request and made it happen. The property is beautiful - it is remote so you need a car but if you're traveling through Tuscany, the location is perfect. The property is gorgeous, clean, with a terrific pool. Our kids met other kids there and they explored and swam and played tennis, they had a terrific time. The only hard part was getting them to leave the property to explore other cities with us!! Alessandra was truly wonderful. She was warm, friendly, remembered all of our names and made a point of chatting with the kids (who absolutely loved her). Every recommendation for restaurant, event, city, driving routes that she gave were right on. She gave us lots of space to just relax but when we needed her, she was right there. We all loved it, would go back and seems like a lot of families we met book this place year after year. Very relaxing, beautiful, just gorgeous.

Room Tip: Just tell Alessandra what you need and want!
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
MSP
Reviewed November 6, 2011

Our stay at was great. Very peaceful, lots of ground to roam and in the in the heart of Tuscany. Alessandra was a superb host. Gave us lots of suggestions for food and sightseeing. Very charming suites; only downfall was the very small showers. If you are tall or not petite, it will be a challenge to not get water all over the bathroom floor. The shower head is as wide as the shower so water spray is everywhere. Breakfast was excellent with nice options and very fresh food. We would definitely recommend this place and would return if we visit again.

Room Tip: Inquire about size of shower with each unit.
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank Alaska07
Sao Paulo, SP
Reviewed September 6, 2011

The hotel`s owner is lovely and recomended the best restaurant we eat in Tuscany: Il goccino in Luciganano. The room that I stayed (a suite) is beautiful and has a very good bed but the shower was really tight. The room television has only Italian and German chanels (not English chanel). If you're looking for a hotel to use as a base to visit other cities of Tuscany, this is not best choise. It is far from all sights and besides that for accessing roads pricinpais is very time consuming. The only town near the hotel is Arezzo. Besides the pool there is not much to do in this hotel, which has no food and beverage services. There's only a reception. The hotel`s lawn is very beautiful, but besides that, there isn`t a view of the beautiful Tuscan countryside.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Renatacafundo
north west
Reviewed June 6, 2011

I think the title relays what I wish to say about this beautiful resort. Not only is it spotless and idyllic and relaxing but the service and friendliness of Alessandra and her son is second to none ! My husband and our daughter stayed for 4 days, using I Grandi as a base whilst we travelled theTuscan region, however, I could have just stayed at the resort all day long.
Along with the perfection of the apartments ( beautifully decorated) the relaxing pool area, you also have golf, tennis, bikes and the amazing views.
Alessandra can not do enough for you, including giving you advise on where to go, what to see, how to get there and also making reservations for you.
The breakfasts are lovely - and there is always a supply of wine to buy if you run out !!
All I can say is Thank you for such a lovely experience and I will be staying here again.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with family
Bergamo, Italy
Reviewed May 30, 2011

Our staying in "I grandi di Toscana" was unforgettable. It's a kind of magic place, in the heart of Toscana, very strategically placed in order to reach the main attractions and cities of the region
Special mention to Alessandra, who treated us as a family and had accurancy in every single detail one's can imagine. Beyond her courtesy, I would like to underline her good taste for the decoration of the apartments and suites. Regarding this particular, she told us that in the past she was working for Versace and Giancarlo Ferrè and indeed you can see the connection (of good taste) when you see how beautiful is the place
The place is very comfortable, peaceful, clean and the breakfast in the morning was a pleasure (with fresh products*)
It stands out also the swiming pool area in a chill out style, a nice contrast with the tuscany classic style of the apartments
Any particular to improve? Uhmmmm, very hard to say. Just to say something really minor, the orange juice of the breakfast was not fresh (all the rest was), but still was a first level brand
My wife fell in love with "I grandi di Toscana" and asked me to come back again. And I will keep my word......

• Stayed April 2011, traveled as a couple
Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Reviewed December 11, 2010

This agriturismo looks and feels like a great combination of Tuscan authenticity combined with a bit of luxury! Perfect location, far from the masses of tourists, yet at the same time close (less than an hour driving) to most interesting towns - Arezzo, Siena, Cortona. It also lies right next to some smaller picturesque hill towns, where you can still have a great dinner in the company of locals.

The apartments are beautifully decorated in a traditional Tuscan style, and the location - overlooking own olive gardens and vine-yards - is just breathtaking!

Alessandra is the friendliest host ever, and knows all the great restaurants and sights in the area, so you'll get all the valuable tips. We were staying in September 2010, so we even participated in the first batch of wine production on the property. We later tasted their own red and white wines, which could easily rival some of the best wines we had at the local restaurants.

If you are looking for a postcard-like perfect Tuscan vacation - look no further!

• Stayed September 2010, traveled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Ciggiano
Hotel Badia di Pomaio
#1 of 1 in Oliveto
Palazzo Tarlati
Palazzo Tarlati
#1 of 14 in Civitella in Val di Chiana

Been to I Grandi di Toscana? Share your experiences!