We stayed at this hotel for a week in July 2013. We were 2 adults and 2 children and had booked a quad room (2 real double beds).
First impression on the outside was good. Quiet and calm, and enough space for parking - for free. Also the room was large but a little dated in style. As we were preparing the kids for the night, we got a problem in the bathroom: There was no bathtub and the shower head was stuck high up on the wall - that it was not possible to take the shower head down. We told this to the people in the reception, and we got switched to a standard double room with extra bed (here it was not real double bed, so we had to tie the beds together with plastic strips for 2 adults and one child could sleep in "double bed". In this room, there was a better bathroom; Jacuzzi and a flexible shower head (none of the quad rooms have bathtub or flexible shower head, we were told).
So to the standard of the room:
* The door to the room was not tight, about 1 cm open space to the corridor when the door was closed (we told this to the staff, but they did nothing about it for the week we stayed there.
* The beds are comfortable.
* No fridge in the room.
* It is bad soundproofing in the hotel.
So to the breakfast:
This was the very worst about all in the hotel. First of all, there is a very poor selection of food. They are also very miserly; when they set out ham, cheese etc for the guest they kind of set out 7 slices of ham, 8 slices of cheese, 5 eggs etc. It quickly becomes empty, and then you have to wait for a long, long, long time before the staff comes with more. In the headline, I said that there are sometimes very good service - this is really NOT in the morning. The week we stayed there, there were 2 women working there in the morning - and they were really not service minded at all, they were miserable and angry. They did really not like criticism. Also, the few eggs they set out were green inside instead of yellow..
To get to Amsterdam, you can walk or drive to the train station about 15 minutes of walking distance. The train takes about 10 mins to Amsterdam Central Station. Be aware that you have to pay cash (coins only) at the ticket machines, they do have card slots - but they do NOT accept Visa or Mastercard...
The local centre in Zwanenburg (5 mins of walking) also have a varied selection of shops. In the main street, you have a grocery store, pizza place, Italian restaurant, Chinese restaurant, toy shop etc.
All in all, the hotel is a very standard 3 star hotel - but when you look at the standard of the hotel, and the distance to Amsterdam, my meaning is that it is too expensive.
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Orbitz, Travelocity, Hotwire, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA and Priceline so you can book your Hotel Zwanenburg reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Zwanenburg Hotel Noord Holland