“Very good value hotel”
Review of Hotel Zwartewater

Hotel Zwartewater
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Zwartsluis
Reviewed March 8, 2014 via mobile

First impressions are not great due to the seemingly cramped location behind a leisure centre.
Once inside however, the hotel is surprisingly large with great views across the canal from the public areas to the rear of the main building.
My room was very spacious and - as a pleasant change from a lot of hotels - the in-room WiFi was actually usable. The decor was a little dated, but the room was clean, warm and everything was working so no complaints there.
While we didn't use the hotel restaurant, the buffet breakfast had all the standard continental fare and was more than adequate.
All in all, if you need somewhere to stay in the area, you could do a lot worse.

Stayed: March 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank Wandering_Aengus

Reviewed January 14, 2014

I visited this hotel on business in January, when admittedly the weather was not at its best. I believe the hotel is set up for tourists and the summer season as it is an ideal location for watersports activities.

The hotel was clean and comfortable, but I recommend a room in the main hotel. I was placed in the annexe and it was a noisy at night from people leaving the car park when the bar/activities closed.

The buffet breakfast was small but just acceptable, the main restaurant was only average. The food was not exactly bad but did not meet the standards I would normally expect.

The hotel bar is located in a building opposite the main hotel where there are pool tables, 3 indoor tennis courts, a ten pin bowling alley and a function room. It was very busy and the cause of the noise when people left the premises.

In all it was very reasonable value for money which managed to get it up to the "average hotel" class.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank David S
Reviewed November 17, 2013 via mobile

This hotel has enough nice elements that it could be a great hotel.

The restaurant terrace is very nice and I imagine well used in summer.
Good internet connection in the rooms via wifi.

The restaurant is ok - the good is pretty good, but having eaten in other places it was overpriced for what it was.

I think the room review depends what room you are in. The set of rooms across from reception in a type of annex I think are not as nice, based on the reviews below. I had no tea/coffee facilities and no mini bar. Ridiculous fee to order tea to your room.

One evening I used the spare quilt off the second twin bed as I was so cold without the heating. The next morning I had a note on my desk telling me not to use the second quilt - to instead take blankets from the wardrobe. Too much effort to make two beds?

One morning I took a cup of tea from breakfast to my room and there was a large blackboard sign at breakfast the next morning "it is forbidden to take any items from the breakfast room".

And the final straw was when I ordered a gin and tonic before dinner, and asked for a glass of tap water with it. I was told they cannot serve tap water. I asked what was wrong with the water in the area, and they quite openly told me they won't serve it as they cannot charge for it. I had the choice of still or sparkling.

After a fabulous stay in Den Bosch area, coming to this hotel was a real let down. Won't be back.....

Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business
2  Thank The_New_Mrs_OConnor
Reviewed August 5, 2013

Food is very good, hotel is in the middle of "town" if you can call it that, but it was sufficently close to where i was working. i would recommend the "mixed grill" off the standard menu - this went down a storm amongst the team.
Rooms a little dated, but all still very functional ... no problems at all and a great outlook over the river.
didn't stay long enough to use other facilities (bowling alley, pool, gym etc).
would certainly recommend.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed July 29, 2013

Close to my hometown there is the small city of Zwartsluis with this great hotel locaties in a typical Dutch landscape . Great restaurant, comfortable rooms, friendly staff .
The area is most suited for those who love watersport. Windsurfing, water ski, sailing etc.
Close to Zwartsluis is the village of Giethoorn also know as little Venice . A must see if you are close by.

Room Tip: Task for a room with a view of the waterside .
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Pedro K
Reviewed July 17, 2013

I stayed there during a business trip.
The hotel is located in a small town along the river.
The room is very large, at least 30sq/m with a dedicated area with 2 armchairs and a small table.
I had a bedroom with a view on the river. It's very quiet no sound of boat's engine which use the waterway.
The bathroom also is large, well equiped and claen as the bedroom.
The breakfast is correct and if the weather is good you can take it on the terrace along the river.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed June 16, 2013

We, a group of seven persons, arrived to stay for a night on our cycling tour around Ijsselmeer. We found the hotel didn't look so exciting from the outside as we approached it with our bicycles. But the rooms were perfect, spacious and had a little balcony with a view to the river. Our best was to have drinks on the verandah and to chill and to watch the traffic on the river and sunset.

Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Zwartsluis
Van der Valk Hotel Zwolle
Geertien Hotel Cafe-Restaurant
De Koperen Hoogte
De Koperen Hoogte
#7 of 9 in Zwolle

Been to Hotel Zwartewater? Share your experiences!