A fancy designed hotel with large rooms and whirlpool tubs in each of them. The restaurant is also OK. But anything else about the place leaves to be desired:
- the hotel is located 100m away from the middle of nowhere,
- the guests seems to be there only for business meetings, it is empty during the week-end (and that impacts the service)
- they don't really expect foreigners apparently, most of their messages, including the labels indicated the dishes available for breakfast are in Dutch only.
- there are indeed some TV channels in English (and other foreign languages) ... if you are patient enough to go search for them past channel 40-something, after going twice through the local channels
- for a business hotel, their internet connection is worse than what you would expect to find in a 2nd world internet country, like USA :). I mailed to them in advance, asking them to confirm that I will have a decent internet connection available, their answer was "We have free WiFi" (read: "we're clueless, don't hold your hopes high". And indeed, that served as a good warning, the connection was poor to non-existing, I had to go buy a local SIM and use mobile data connections.
- as you would expect the staff not only did not have a mobile SIM to sell you, they didn't event quite know where to send you to buy one.
- breakfast options not very variate, but at least good quality.
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Orbitz, TripOnline SA and Hotwire so you can book your Van der Valk Hotel Houten-Utrecht reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.