“Delicious beer”

5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Delicious beer”
Reviewed May 28, 2013

I had a pit stop here on my motorbike en route to Amsterdam. The beers are powerful and very flavoursome and I was a bit sad I couldn't try them all (without riding drunk). If you ask nicely one of the staff will take you into the front room which is chock-a-block full with bottled beers (their own and from other breweries). I selected 6 to take away but wish I had room on the bike to take more! If I'm in the area again I'll defo be swinging by to wet my lips again!

Visited May 2013
1 Thank drongo69

Mount Pleasant, South Carolina
32 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 57 helpful votes
“Must visit if you like specialty beers”
Reviewed February 9, 2013 via mobile

I visited Eet en Bierlokaal De Molen today and it is a great place to go. Very special beers are handcrafted in the windmill. The small beer shop is the only place (or online www.brouwerijdemolen.nl) where this beer can be bought. I have never seen such an interesting selection of beers from around the globe. On Saturdays they do a tour and you can do a beer tasting. I heard that the restaurant is great too. This cool place is just minutes off the A12 freeway between Utrecht and Rotterdam so very centrally located. I highly recommend it if you like special beers (or food or windmills of course)

1 Thank vincenthalma
Leiden, The Netherlands
227 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 374 helpful votes
“Allthough a bit chaotic: great tour!”
Reviewed January 23, 2013

We've been on a lot of tours through breweries, so I can compare: the organization is a bit chaotic, the communication affront not the best we've ever seen, but once the tour starts: brilliant! They really know their stuff! (and ofcourse the ambiance of a windmill just makes the picture complete)

Every saturday there's an open tour, you do have to make reservations and it might not start exactly at the moment they say it will, but have a little patience. The tour comes with 5 tastings of the 'home made' beer. As I said, we've been on a lot of these tours and we actually learned new things, new terms, new insights, I loved it! I love the way they work, the way they brew and the variety in beers. I will definately be back just to buy beer or sit down and enjoy the scenery (make sure you have a designated driver though... you'll be tempted to taste 'just one more'....)

Allthough maybe not the most efficient staff, they are polite, helpful and just lovely.

Visited December 2012
2 Thank seolram
Roma, Italia
23 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 13 helpful votes
“Great place De Molen”
Reviewed January 8, 2013 via mobile

In an old windmill a beautiful and quite place (at lunchtime), 20km from Utrecht reachable by bike or tandem!! Amazing beers and good food! You can also visit the windmill and the beer shop with a lot of international beers.

Seattle, Washington
53 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 80 helpful votes
“Best Beer in the Netherlands”
Reviewed November 17, 2012

Great restaurant too! Food and beer pairing are their specialty.

Hands down the best brewery in the country, and one of the best in the world.

Sits under a windmill, so you know you're in Holland!

Just a 50 minute train ride from Amsterdam Central, with just one easy change of trains on the way.

Visited August 2012