All reviews one night central park my husband on arrival free parking comfortable hotel excellent ambience warm welcome last night restaurant dinner wine garden netherlands building menu wow
Reviewed August 5, 2018

I had been organising a stay of 11 nights at this hotel as a celebration for all four of us (my husband and two grown daughters and me) for our birthdays and my husband and my Wedding Anniversary this year. I had been in touch with this hotel for over 6 months as being a person with a mobility disability I have various requirements. There were numerous emails and telephone calls back and forth over the months, with photographs, questions, reassurances, etc. as I did not want there to be any foreseeable problems upon arrival at the hotel in Voorburg. The website indicated a lovely little jewel of a boutique hotel in the area, with excellent service, good wheelchair access and superb food. Granted, we were a bit worried about there not being any air-conditioning in the bedrooms, but we were assured that there were fans and that the rooms were large and airy and that all would be worth it!

Upon arrival it was already very hot but the hotel and restaurant appeared as per the websites.I shall not go into all the preamble, but needless to say they did not seem to be expecting us and showed my husband and daughter a completely inaccessible room. They then showed them an 'accessible' room on the top floor. When it came to my entering the hotel in my power wheelchair I could not access the stairs at the entrance. I should have left then and there. However, staff managed to make up some sort of wooden ramp which was very much NOT of health and safety standard. Inside there were more hurdles to overcome. The room (accessed by a lift) was not accessible and the bathroom and toilet completely unusable for me. The fan was broken. There were no cold bottles of water in the room, no refrigerator, the bed was tired and untidy and the linen was torn and crumpled. The room was hot, hot, hot . . . as for our daughters' room; well, I was unable to access it at all. What to do now? I could not even use the toilet! Left alone in the rooms we managed, miraculously, to find another hotel which we had not discovered previously. That hotel had 11 nights available for us (2 rooms, one with disabled access and facilities) in a nearby town, with a restaurant attached to it and it boasted 5 stars and air-conditioning!

When we went downstairs (hot, bothered, hungry, thirsty and me not having been to the toilet) we tried to speak to the young woman who claimed to be the 'manager'. She did not know what to say. She did realise that all the emails, etc., had not reflected the truth but she did nothing. My husband and one daughter took all our luggage to the new hotel where they also made sure about the accessible features, while another daughter and I waited at Central Park. We were not offered a glass of water by the 'manager'. When I asked if we could have something to drink a small pot of tea was provided and when we asked if we could eat anything, we were sent to the bar and ordered something small. I cannot even remember what it was, it was so insignificant, but it was edible. We had to pay for the refreshments. No apology was offered. At least we were not charged for the rooms!

The hotel and restaurant seem to be like a rudderless ship, with nobody at the helm to guide it. No-one would take responsibility for the misinformation or the broken furniture, etc., no-one offered us refreshment except for one glass of cold water for me upon arrival. The staff were all wandering around, seemingly unsure of what to do in general. There are a list of inadequacies, too numerous to mention.

Apparently there is a person who runs the hotel, but his presence was not made apparent at any stage (even in emails or on the telephone).

What more can I say?

Stayed: July 2018
Reviewed July 25, 2018 via mobile

We went to Then Hague. Needed to stay over for one night and did not wanne be in the city with all the buildings, noise etc. Found this hotel on internet and booked it right away. Selected rooms with airco. Once at the hotel which is located in a nice green area it was very hot. It seemed that the rooms had a fan and no airco. With temperatures of 30+ in the Netherlands I was not amused. I told the reception that I booked because of the airco. It seemed that the suites had one. They offered an upgrade. The room was beautifull! Lot’s of space, nice douche with steamcabine. Perfect internet. You can have a nice diner at the terras with garden view. You forget that you are in a big city. Staff is very friendly and helpfull. Will come back.

Stayed: July 2018, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 23, 2018 via mobile

I can not comment on the food, unfortunately did not have the change to have dinner there. But the hotel experience was no where near the standard you may expect from a place like this. The room is nice. The bed is comfortable and the staff is friendly. But, the shower was broken. Nobody mentioned this. And how dare you rent out this room? Then breakfast! Nobody cleared the tables. Basically the choice of food was gone. There was no water to boil your egg. And we had to wonder of in search of personnel to ask for tea, after 25 minutes. And then after 2 sips of my cup of tea, they walk by asking if I wanted another cup of tea. Seriously?! If the manager is Basil Fawlty, I would expect this, but not here. And then the price! There is in my opinion no balance in the price and the quality.
I think you can have a great meal here, but go and sleep somewhere were they know how to run a hotel.
Definitely not sleeping there ever again!

Stayed: June 2018, traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 25, 2017 via mobile

Lovely building and gardens with free parking. On arrival we weren’t sure where the reception was as it looks like someone’s office? The staff are all friendly and helpful. We had a great sleep in the huge comfortable bed, the bathroom is freezing with no heating and a fan on constantly. We had a wonderful dinner in the restaurant in the evening but were sadly disappointed with the breakfast, cook your own egg, make your own tea (no pot just a bag) the waiter told us to put the bread through the toaster a few times, well if it’s that bad change it!!
We would stay here again for one night but it’s not perfect.

Stayed: November 2017, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 27, 2017

We had a lovely Sunday lunch with friends and must say this restaurant is the most reliable consistent restaurant in area. We come here once a week when in town and find the menu and service perfectly presented and knowledgeable staff. This small portion idea is wonderful. And not like tapas, but a bit larger. The flavors are wonderful and balanced. If you get to sit outside and it is a sunny day, that makes the experience even more magical.
Beautiful setting, from the old Savelberg days, and they still keep the excellent ambience and service.

• Stayed: September 2017, traveled with friends