Very friendly family-run hotel with lovely views of Lake Brienz. Great staff - always helpful. Breakfast provides a good start to the day with choice of cereals, fresh fruit,. yoghurt cheese/ham etc. Freshly cooked boiled eggs as well. Evening meal is always four courses and the the menu is printed out in the morning so if you do require something different the staff are always willing to oblige. Usual choice of wine/beer/soft drinks plus a nominal charge for tap water.
Its location is ideal for exploring this region - close to both bus and boat pick-up points. A really useful addition is the card provided so that you can get free bus travel into Interlaken (runs every half an hour). The trains from Interlaken Ost run very regularly so trips to Jungfraujoch, Schilthorn, Wengen etc are very straight forward. So, all in all, if you are a solo traveller, this is a great place to get out and about easily. The Swiss really do encourage the use of public transport.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Seehotel Bönigen is a family run hotel diectly on Lake Brienz very close to Interleken in the beautiful Bernese Oberland.Renowned for its natural beauty and the exceptional range of leisure activities, the Seehotel is the ideal location for quiet hours, culinary delights and trips to the region. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Priceline, Orbitz and TripOnline SA so you can book your Seehotel Bonigen reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Seehotel La Terrasse Hotel Boenigen
- Seehotel Bonigen Switzerland/Boenigen