My wife booked our holiday over the internet and we stayed for 8 nights which qualified for the free night accommodation. The staff were exceptionally helpful and friendly, nothing was to much trouble. On the reccommendation of a trip advisor subscriber we tried to book a particular room which was
unavailable. We were offered a free upgrade same floor similar view of the lake and mountains which we obviously took. The room was entirely adequate for us though I could imagine American visitors calling it "cosy and compact". It was in fact an American couple who reccommended the hotel to us. We took the half board option with a set menu for the evening meal,we are not a dining out couple. We were not disappointed the menu during our stay was varied, interesting and well presented. On arrival we were given a visitors bus pass which is convenient and offers a considerable saving. There are 2 local buses an hour to Interlaken which is a 15 min journey max. The ferry stop is a 5 minute walk from the hotel. We do not normally return to hotels we have previously stayed in but we would definitely make the Seehotel our base if we returned to the Interlaken area. Our thanks to the family Hohermuth for their kindness and consideration during our stay.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Seehotel Bönigen is a family run hotel diectly on Lake Brienz very close to Interleken in the beautiful Bernese Oberland.Renowned for its natural beauty and the exceptional range of leisure activities, the Seehotel is the ideal location for quiet hours, culinary delights and trips to the region. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Orbitz, Priceline and TripOnline SA so you can book your Seehotel Bonigen reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Seehotel La Terrasse Hotel Boenigen
- Seehotel Bonigen Switzerland/Boenigen