“Great Location, Great Pool, Good House”
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Inquiry
Average
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Brisbane, Australia
“Beautiful but unpleasant”
Reviewed November 26, 2016 for a stay in November 2016
people found this review helpful

A beautiful location. The pool in the backyard is the highlight. Inside it is old and mouldy but the linen crispy white. Wifi intermittent only. Beds comfortable. However, I will not stay here again.
On arrival we (me, my sister, and our 70 y.o. mother) received a negative reception. Northern Exposure Realty were very rude, did not offer any help in us finding the property, made me feel incompetent when I asked for the address, and instead gave us a list of further terms that were not disclosed before. They warned us about noise that the neighbours do not like, and which lights we are not to use at night because they annoy the neighbours.
When we entered the property we noticed large signs on the wall that if neighbours complain about our noise, investigating companies will be called at our expense, and if we are evicted, our monies will not be refunded. We were walking on eggshells from the moment of arrival not to upset the neighbours with our "noise".
After arriving at 8.30pm, the next morning at 9am we were told that the neighbour complained when my dog barked at 6am. When I raised issue with this the Realty told me that they have had many problems with this neighbour who even went to the newspaper to complain. I was also told that "there are people in Palm Cove that have nothing better to do than complain". After I raised issue with this, I did not receive any further complaints. However, I also did not receive a single phone call or email asking if we are enjoying our stay.
During our month long stay, it was in fact the neighbour's 3 dogs that barked non stop, and it was her that was having parties every weekend with music so loud that we could not hear ourselves speak while in the backyard. We had to go inside to escape the noise. The neighbour is rude, ignored us, was loud often screaming, and this made our stay very ackward and unpleasant. None of this was disclosed when I booked this property. There are dozens of pet friendly holiday homes in the area that I will be looking at next time I return to Cairns.

Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: Pool area
Liked least: Service and neighbourhood
Traveling group: Other
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   No.
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
Management Response
Dec 4, 2016
We at NER are so very disappointed in this review. This guest was difficult from the moment of arrival. Also brought 2 pets to the property without notifying us or having permission or paying the Pet Bond!. As she was so rude, confrontational and continually threatening us with the fact that she was a barrister, we let the unapproved pet issue go.
This guest was simply informed once, as all our guests are, that you are residing in a residential area so please be aware of noise. As to the other comments regarding people in Palm Cove, this is also a fabrication and this guest wasn’t even staying in Palm Cove. We did however point out to her that we are strict in notifying guests regarding noise due to the fact that we want them to be respectful of surrounding properties.
The guests mother & sister were an absolute pleasure to speak with and deal with. Such a shame Grace was not.
As to the comments regarding this property being mouldy! Well that is an absolute lie. This is one of most popular properties and never ever before in all the years we have managed it have I ever seen one bit of mould. We also have never had any complaints about the neighbours.
Everyone from NER that had to deal with this guest felt threatened & bullied. Such a shame when most guests are happy, relaxed and polite.
Jennifer...
Brooklyn, New York
“Great Location, Great Pool, Good House”
Reviewed March 1, 2016 for a stay in February 2016
people found this review helpful

The location of this house cant be beat, you are right on the beach and have a beautiful pool overlooking the beach. Nice deck and outdoor space, which is really where we spent all of our time. I must say there were quite a few repair issues while we were there, ants all through the kitchen and the house although reasonably clean, the dishes in the cabinets were dirty and there were very dirty doors and light switches. All it took was a wet rag to wipe them off, but still, you like to see these things clean. For the value I'd say its a good house, and again, location and pool is what its all about. When booking make sure you get an emergency number. This wasn't provided to us and so when we had an after hours issue we had no way to contact anyone.

Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: The pool
Liked least: Cleanliness and Maintenence issues
Traveling group: Extended Family
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   No.
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
  • Was your security deposit returned on time?
Management Response
Dec 4, 2016
Our after hours contact details are on all of the emails you were sent.
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a vacation rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travelers
Set up your free listing