booked this hotel through a website with cheap last minute/standby rates advertised as a 4* - definatly wasnt - more like a 2/3*.
the toilet leaked so i went to tell receptionand they asked us to turn the tap off to the toilet behind the toilet! when the handy man was sat behind her! as they were cleaning the outside of the hotel they rang us and asked us to move all the furniture off the balcony and put it in our already quite small apartment, we didnt do this as we didnt see why we should and so they left a rude note in our room along with the garden furniture when we got back!
the restaurant across the road shuts at 6 pm and only opens 2 days a week for breakfast and there isnt much else in hollways beach, we were really glad we had a car!
for the distance it is stay in cairns or if you do want to stay in on of the northern beaches then head further north to palm cove or kewarra beach.
never stay in this hotel again. review should say poor for value and service
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Beachfront location - Cairns Beach Resort is minutes north of Cairns City and next to the beach and warm tropical waters. Indulge in the simplicity of a truly relaxed lifestyle. Our four star resort offers everything to create a home away from home on the beach. The resort’s tropical gardens offer you peace and tranquility to read and relax, or to float in the saltwater resort style pool. Simple pleasures - pure relaxation… think Cairns Beach Resort ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Travelocity and Agoda so you can book your Cairns Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Cairns Beach Hotel Holloways Beach
- Hotel Cairns Beach
- Cairns Beach Resort Cairns Region, Australia - Holloways Beach