We stayed here July 2-6 2013. Parents + 5 and 1 year old. We traveled from our home in Alice Springs for a holiday in the Cairns area. We arrived late and although reception was closed, there was a very convenient phone/lock-box system in place for late arrivals.
The building is visibly quite old but SPECTACULARLY maintained. The room was very clean and had great amenities. My one year old was crawling a lot at the time and we didn't find that his legs or clothes were dirty at all after spending time on the floor. The main bedroom was in the back of the unit which made putting our boys to bed on the pull out sofa very easy. Kitchen was fully stocked with utensils and had a full size fridge. The only thing I can say was even slightly negative about the room was that the bed (king size, yay!) was very hard. However, some people like a hard bed, so I guess that can be a good thing for some guests.
It seemed that there was a grounds maintenance person on site nearly every morning tending to the numerous and beautiful plans and greenery around the resort. I did have a chance to get to the pool with my son. It was extremely cold but to be expected during the winter months. I understand Cairns to be very hot for a majority of the year so heating the pool would really be a waste of money.
The folks (owners?) at reception were outstanding. For starters, in my search for a holiday unit, I was only looking for size and booked the room online without adding my children to the booking. It was an oversight but was discovered when I asked for additional bedding. The owners were gracious about it and not only didn't charge me extra but offered to make up the extra bed for me. They also recommended tours and excursions, as well as nearby shopping and dining. The restaurant across the street from the resort (beach shack??) was phenomenal as well. We did not have a bad meal there and we ate there several times. The nachos were great (and I'm American so I have high nacho standards) and the batter for the fish and chips was delicious! I wish I could have the recipe!
All in all a wonderful stay and I would highly recommend it.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Beachfront location - Cairns Beach Resort is minutes north of Cairns City and next to the beach and warm tropical waters. Indulge in the simplicity of a truly relaxed lifestyle. Our four star resort offers everything to create a home away from home on the beach. The resort’s tropical gardens offer you peace and tranquility to read and relax, or to float in the saltwater resort style pool. Simple pleasures - pure relaxation… think Cairns Beach Resort ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Agoda, Ctrip TA, Hotels.com, Hotwire, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, HotelQuickly and Evoline ltd so you can book your Cairns Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Cairns Beach Hotel Holloways Beach
- Hotel Cairns Beach
- Cairns Beach Resort Cairns Region, Australia - Holloways Beach