The hotel itself was not bad...decently clean and big beds. They did not provide any sort of warm blankets and some nights, it got cold and the very thin "sheets" as I would call them were definitely not enough. Besides that, the water by the beach was awful due to the rainy/windy season as they had said. There was no net up due to the wind and it was very dirty water. None of the food nearby was good (only 2 or 3 places to eat....half are not open during the day). I noticed the manager replied to a comment about the shuttle buses. Unfortunately, as all locals and visitors would agree, the shuttles come on their own time. We would sit and wait for the shuttle bus for hours at a time until we realized we had to get a taxi (min $25.00 to Cairns City). The shuttles were pretty terrible...cheap, but rarely came and it messed lots of things up. Overall, not a bad hotel...better location and friendlier staff would be better.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Beachfront location - Cairns Beach Resort is minutes north of Cairns City and next to the beach and warm tropical waters. Indulge in the simplicity of a truly relaxed lifestyle. Our four star resort offers everything to create a home away from home on the beach. The resort’s tropical gardens offer you peace and tranquility to read and relax, or to float in the saltwater resort style pool. Simple pleasures - pure relaxation… think Cairns Beach Resort ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Travelocity, Ctrip TA, Orbitz, Agoda, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Cairns Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Cairns Beach Hotel Holloways Beach
- Hotel Cairns Beach
- Cairns Beach Resort Cairns Region, Australia - Holloways Beach