As a couple on our honeymoon, we wanted to avoid hustle and bustle after spending two weeks out in the outback living out of a suitcase.
Holloways beach is situated 10 mins out of cairns via bus and an hour from port Douglas. For us this was ideal.
Yes, in order to go on the many many tours and attractions that operate around the area you do have to travel a fair bit. The tour operators will notify you Of this and the prices of the transfers before you book. If you book whilst you're there, expect to pay for the transfers. (Between 40-60 dollars each) This is something you have to expect when you are in Australia in general! It's a very big country and nothing is close together. This is what makes cairns and the surrounding area so beautiful!
We had the superior apartment with a large balcony wrapping around most of apartment which faced the beach. This is lovely in the morning when the sun is rising!
It was spacious and we were provided with everything we needed to cook and a clean. (Although an oven would have been nice, we did have a microwave an hob)
The staff were excellent and had a fab knowledge of the tours and area. They pointed out all the necessary amenities including a larger supermarket 15 mins walk down the road and the bus stops.
Pool was lovely and the BBQ was a bonus on Xmas day!
The beach is just across the road with a stinger net for safe swimming!
If you want to go out into town for meals every night without bus journeys, this isn't for you. If you want to relax in the comfort of your own apartment, or use it a base for the many many many day trips out, this is ideal.
We loved it here! We didn't want to leave!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Beachfront location - Cairns Beach Resort is minutes north of Cairns City and next to the beach and warm tropical waters. Indulge in the simplicity of a truly relaxed lifestyle. Our four star resort offers everything to create a home away from home on the beach. The resort’s tropical gardens offer you peace and tranquility to read and relax, or to float in the saltwater resort style pool. Simple pleasures - pure relaxation… think Cairns Beach Resort ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Agoda, Travelocity and Booking.com so you can book your Cairns Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Cairns Beach Hotel Holloways Beach
- Hotel Cairns Beach
- Cairns Beach Resort Cairns Region, Australia - Holloways Beach