Cairns Beach Resort is not only UNNECESSARILY amazing, but it's perfect for couples and people looking for a little quiet time. This is one of the only hotels you'll find by the beach near Cairns (and there are even less/none in Cairns).
We say they unnecessarily amazing because, being the only hotel in the area, they don't have to be as great as they are. The women at the front desk, who we won't name by name, were the most helpful people we have ever met. They would have tucked us into bed if we asked.
The kind people at the front desk booked reservations for us (on the gondola to the Karunda Rain Forest) and actually got us better deals. They offered beach towels for cheap. But the best was, on a night we wanted to go into Cairns and have dinner, they set up taxis for us. We found out later that the woman who set us up was at dinner, and stopped mid meal to help us get a cab.
But the resort itself was great as well. It's near several great restaurants (we only ate at one) but the beach is literally across the street (Strait on the Beach). And it's one of the only beaches we could swim at this time of year. Due to stingers, it was roped off with a giant net by lifeguards. People even had their dogs on the beach. Flippin' adorable.
And it was a clean and quiet hotel. The pool was a great place to drink and read. And at night, the only thing you could hear were the fruit bats falling into the giant palm trees. (They are loud, but welcome.) The rooms are super spacious and well kept. (They hog the towels, but if that's the worst thing we have to say, it still deserves a five.)
Affordable and awesome. You'll love it.
But a word of warning...
All of the restaurants in the area close super early. Our first night there, my wife and I had to go into town (70 dollar cab, there and back) because every restaurant (even our highly recommended fave 'Strait on the Beach') was closed. Not a big deal, but we weren't ready for this. Made us cranky. (Especially me, I became a diva.) But this has nothing to do with the service of the resort. But it's important to know about the area you'll be staying in.
You should also know that these are basically condos - so they have kitchens, living rooms, etc. Which also means that they don't clean your room every day, nor provide towel service every day. They do it regularly, once every three days, I believe - so don't go there to be pampered - you gotta take care of yourself a bit.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Beachfront location - Cairns Beach Resort is minutes north of Cairns City and next to the beach and warm tropical waters. Indulge in the simplicity of a truly relaxed lifestyle. Our four star resort offers everything to create a home away from home on the beach. The resort’s tropical gardens offer you peace and tranquility to read and relax, or to float in the saltwater resort style pool. Simple pleasures - pure relaxation… think Cairns Beach Resort ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Agoda, Hotels.com, Ctrip TA, Booking.com, Hotwire, Evoline ltd, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your Cairns Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Cairns Beach Hotel Holloways Beach
- Hotel Cairns Beach
- Cairns Beach Resort Cairns Region, Australia - Holloways Beach