“A shame about the ham”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Refresh - CLOSED

Refresh
Cuisines: British
Dining options: Breakfast
Description: Coffee Bar and Tea Room, providing sandwiches, panninis, soups, salads and handmade cakes, muffins and traybakes
Basildon, United Kingdom
“A shame about the ham”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 25, 2012

I have been to this Cafe on several occasions. Never have I been disappointed in the friendly and speedy service.
They have a printed card that explains the different styles of Coffee that one can order, this is a nice touch. My fave being flat white.
I normally order a Panini with one of the various fillings available, there is always a "Special" so that boredom can't set in ;0)
On out last visit I requested a ham salad, as salads can be made from any of the available sandwich fillings. This was a mistake, the ham in question was of the Plastic Ham variety, The salad itself left something to be desired, all the ingredients (mostly lettuce) were chopped very small.
But, hopefully this is a blip. I would recommend Refresh, just steer clear of the salad.

• Visited September 2012