“The best”

The Bekash Restaurant
Ranked #4 of 50 Restaurants in Wickford
Cuisines: Indian, Seafood
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Flavours to indulge... A taste to remember! The Bekash was founded in 1989, it has established itself as a restaurant delivering exceptional Indian cuisine and an outstanding service.
“The best”

Everything is to perfection
Amazing decor
Quality food
Good service
Very nice atmosphere.
There is a wide selection of dishes to choose from.
biggest and nicest restaurant in the area.

London, United Kingdom
“Rude staff, average food and waste of money”
Reviewed July 20, 2013

Been here a few times now first and second time I liked but third time was just poor. The staff sit you down then ask you what you would like to drink we ordered then once received they were flat but we got on with it. The waiter comes over and asks what you want to eat we told him then waited ages for our food my family and I were very disappointed, as we have been here before.

It felt like they had forgotten all about us but eventually we got are food it was average and looked like it was the leftovers from Friday night. We then order our dessert that's the only tasty thing there.

It's now was time to pay the waiter use to be nice to us and not rude but he has changed a lot since we last saw him. What he did was chucked the cash machine at my dad at said to him "are you paying a tip?" What a disappointment we all thought well my dad couldn't say no now could he? So we had to give the rude staff a tip.

But you have to admit that the setting is lovely but never again for me sorry folks.

• Visited May 2013
1 Thank Sophie G
Essex
“Rude staff, bland food...don't bother”
Reviewed July 20, 2013

This is a poor restaurant with rude staff and the expectancy of tips after a bad experience. What a joke.

Nice setting but I have cooked better myself with minimal ingredients

• Visited July 2013
1 Thank Jo B
“Waste of money!”
Reviewed June 30, 2013

Went into the restaurant with my family, after a hard days work expecting a lovely Indian. I am Asian so I know my Indian!!! My soft drink was flat I had to request another one and my white wine was flat also. I had to request for another set of drinks. The starters were ok however the Garlic chilli paneer was just a watery consistency and no flavour.
The main was Lamb Karahi hot with tough pieces of lamb with not a lot of flavour. Chicken Karahi was again tough pieces of unflavoured chicken with no spices at all. The meal cost me £125 and it was a total waste!!!
I addressed my concerns with my manager when I returned home and as expected his response was that we cater for the English community. He would have tried to have improved the spices if he had known. Basically you have been served a load of rubbish and mugged off all these years.
I will never put foot in that restaurant again and strongly advise that you try an Indian restaurant further out into East London. Better quality and more flavoursome.

Bekash, Owner at The Bekash Restaurant, responded to this review, July 3, 2013
thank you for your comment.
We take your opinion highly to consideration
But we would like to point out it is your own opinion.
yes our food is catered and designed
for western people. And i can proudly say for the last 28 years we havent let our customers down
Quality of food and service is what we pride our selves on.
Regarding the dishes you had, if you notice on the menu there is a
Table which shows you chili signs of which dish is hot and mild.
The korai dish is a mild dish and the discription of the dish is clearly written on the menu.
Unfortunately i think you have mistaken the dish with the punjabi korahi dish
Which is different.
Even in india there are different areas who eat different food we are a bangladeshi restaurant
Catering westernised curries mainly from south east madras food. Which mainly are mail to medium spice.

We do have indian customers who are directly from india coparate people who come for work reason and have there meeting and dine at the bekash who love our food they are from south india.

The last thing we want is a unhappy customer walking out our door. I wish you did say something
While you were having your meal because i know we could have done the dishes how you wanted. As myself i like spicey food.
I do appologise the coke was flat but i did make sure it was dealt for you and replaced stright away.

Once again sorry to hear how you felt and thank you for sharing your opinion.
I hope our service didnt lack in anyway.

Hope to see you in the bekash again so we can change your opinion of us and meet your requirement.
London, United Kingdom
“A Go To for Indian Cuisine.”
Reviewed June 24, 2013

There are, in my opinion, very few Indian restaurants that provide food of such quality as the Bekash in Wickford. It took me some time before experiencing the Bekash and I regret to not having found it sooner, which is why I have returned time and again.

The actual restaurant has a decor that reflects the same quality as their food and the staff are both friendly and welcoming.

If ever you were on the lookout for Indian cuisine, then this is the go to restaurant.