“Best restaurant around”

The Bekash Restaurant
Ranked #5 of 50 Restaurants in Wickford
Cuisines: Indian, Seafood
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Flavours to indulge... A taste to remember! The Bekash was founded in 1989, it has established itself as a restaurant delivering exceptional Indian cuisine and an outstanding service.
Billericay, United Kingdom
“Best restaurant around”
Reviewed October 10, 2012

Good food great atmosphere excellent service
This restaurant has nailed it in every area?
Well mannered and well spoken staff who know their staff.

Very professional staff this restaurant has been around for a very long time and I see being around for longer. The Bekash experience for me has always got better and better every time I go there.

• Visited October 2012
1 Thank Brendon S

United Kingdom
“Great place.”
Reviewed October 1, 2012

Best Indian eat-in restaurant in the area, service can be iffy when they are busy but the food is solid and fairly good value for the area.

We like it and have used it frequently.

• Visited August 2012
“Love this place”
Reviewed September 15, 2012

I've been to most local Indian restaurants (well over 20) and so far this is my favourite. The service can be a little hit or miss but the food is always superb. If you can't pick a dish then try the Shahi Bhuna, it's yummy!

1 Thank col667
Essex
“If Carlsberg did Indian...”
Reviewed September 12, 2012

I have been visiting this indian for many years. As a new found trip advisor addict I simply had to write a review of this restuarant. It has recently been re-furbished and what a fabulous job they did. I'm so glad the 'puple haze' that greets people to Wickford is still alive and kicking.

The food here is probably the best indian I have ever had. I've even eaten indian food in ... India! Yes, I'm a typical Brit that loves a madras, the missus a tame korma but the Bekash does it well. The pickles are to die for and the naan soft and fluffy. The tandoori chicken is juicy and well seasoned, meat samosa's are full of meat and not oily, the pilau cooked to perfection. Aloo Gobi balanced just right. I dont think I've had a bad dish yet.

In fact, I even COLLECT the take away because no other indian in the area that delivers simply does not meet the standard the Bekash sets. For those who live in Wickford, I agree the Marco Polo is also as good but they too don't deliver. Why is it so hard to get a decent curry delivered in Wickford?? I digress...

For those reading this review who are thinking about visiting the Bekash, please do. The staff are so helpful, friendly and they are always looking sharp. You won't find any lazy students serving you here, just well manned waiters. (Not seen a waitress yet...) The food is excellent, the ambiance on a Saturday night is buzzing. the air filled with the aroma of good food and the sound of contented customers. You won't walk away dissapointed.

Keep up the good work.

- Now, about that free meal we discussed.... :)

• Visited September 2012
1 Thank BB3LL
basildon
“excellent”
Reviewed September 10, 2012

great venue service and food, lovely venue nicley decorated we ate in the conservatory, the food was excellent

Visited September 2012