“Nice Relaxing Time Away”
Review of Beaverland Camp

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Marten River
Beaverland Camp
Waterford, Canada
“Nice Relaxing Time Away”
Reviewed February 6, 2011

Enjoyed the family environment, and the complete relaxation. Toured the water system and saw a mother moose and her baby walking on a beach by some cottages. Clean cottages

• Stayed July 2010, traveled with friends
1 Thank CatherineR159

Solo
Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2)
Ayr, Canada
Reviewed August 9, 2010

We have been fortunate enough to make Beaverland Camp our #1 spot for summer and winter vacations for the past 6 years..... From the easy going hospitality of the Cloets, to the excellent fishing, peaceful lakes to teach our kids to tube and waterski or just to sit and watch the beautiful sunsets each evening......doesn't get any better than this! The sandy beach is safe and clean and has provided hours of fun for our family. We cant wait to get back to Beaverland soon!!!!

• Stayed July 2010, traveled with family
1 Thank TeamConnolly
Crystal Beach, Canada
Reviewed July 31, 2010

My fiance and I stayed at Beaver Land Camp this past July and had a great time! The owners, Dorothy and Ablert were wonderful, very hospitable and would help you in any way. The lakes and rivers were beautiful, and very peaceful. And the cabins were very clean, however, just a bit dated; some cabins were handicap accessible. I would highly recommend this place.

Kevin & Margaret

• Stayed July 2010, traveled as a couple
Ontario
Reviewed July 8, 2010

Enjoyable ,alluring atmosphere,very clean cottages on gorgeous lakes teeming with abundant pike walleye whitefish Bass and jumbo perch , along with latest "hotspots " locator for your week at fishing Utopia on a translucent ,calm lake system. A GEM. A Must go destination!

Stayed February 2009, traveled with friends
Ontario
Reviewed April 17, 2009

We decided to head north for a snowmobiling/ice fishing trip. I looked on the internet and found this place. The minute I called and talked to Albert and Dorothy I knew it was going to be perfect. The prices were completely reasonable. I was worried it would be too rustic when I heard the price, so lets just say I was pleasantly surprised when we got there.
I had joked with Albert on the phone about a 'guarantee of catching a fish'. When we arrived Albert handed us a nice fish he had just caught that day...we arrived fairly late and hadn't eaten so we cooked it up for dinner...perfect.
It is a beautiful piece of property surrounded by lakes and forests....breathtaking views everywhere we went. The snowmobile/ATV trails are easily accessible from the camp. You could do a day ride to Sudbury or Quebec. Albert took us out on a tour one day and showed us some highlights of the area. We used his ice huts for fishing. If the fishing is not good one place, he will drag it to another. He brought us fresh bait and sat and fished with us a for a bit a couple of days. He has been in this area for quite some time and really has alot of knowledge he willingly shared with us.
We stayed in one of the Lakeside cottages. Impeckably clean !! It was very cold at night so I was worried about a cottage not being warm enough. Honestly we slept with a very thin sheet as it was unbelievably warm, and we had to turn the heat off at night. He has a unique system set up for heat that works very well. There were 3 of us on the trip. It was very spacious with a Queen bed and single bed in one room and a single bed and pull out couch in the main living area, along with a fully equipped kitchen, BBQ, and a screened porch over-looking the river. They provide the bedding so you only have to bring your clothes and food. There is shampoo, soap and cream rinse in the bathroom, but I don't think there was a hairdryer. There are several cottages along the river, all with excellent views. The grounds are neat and tidy and well kept. They have boat & motor rentals, a swiming area, laundromat, playground, paddle boats, ice, library, games room and offer lake tours.
Albert and Dorothy treated us like royalty and they made us feel like we were family. I would not hesitate to return here and hope to visit again this summer.
I must say, I really debated whether or not to write a review because I wanted to keep this secret to myself. It was a little bit of heaven, but I owe it to them to let others know how great it was, and what a great job they have done.
Kudos Albert and Dorthy on your gem !!

Dianne, Trevor & Tyler

• Stayed March 2009, traveled as a couple
2 Thank warminup

Been to Beaverland Camp? Share your experiences!