“Peaceful Stopover”

Allee Hotel
Perth, Australia
“Peaceful Stopover”
Reviewed August 28, 2012

We (2 adults 1x 2 y.o.) stayed here June 2012 after flying 24 hours from Australia, with the idea of getting our head back on straight. We could not have picked a better hotel. Our bags were lost in Bangkok, but the hotel staff did everything they could to follow them up and to make our stay as pleasant as possible.
The gardens at the front of the hotel and the adjoining park were perfect for our 2 year old to run and play. The town itself has just enough to hold interest for a day or two, with a side trip to Iphofen - a lovely but more touristy town.
Breakfast was really good, and again the service was superb. The staff all speak excellent English.
We satyed in the main building which is closer to the road. If you want absolute quiet - try the annexe.

Room Tip: Rooms in the main building are nearer to the road noise.
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
Livingston, Texas
Reviewed April 16, 2012

Neustadt-an-der-Aisch is a small city halfway between Wurzburg and Nuremberg, and the Allee Hotel is just wonderful. Situated in an old schoolhouse, this 4-star establishment is run by a woman and her nephew, and goes out of its way to make the visitor feel welcome. We stayed in the newer building, in a large room with balcony and hardwood floors. Outside the window was the huge water fountain in the city lake, and the tiny robot lawnmower kept the grass trimmed. The breakfasts were exquisite, but what's worth the highest review was the caring attitude of all the staff. If you can find an excuse to stay here, please do!!!

Room Tip: Ask to overlook the lake.
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Bob P
Richland, Washington
Reviewed February 24, 2012

The value compared to hotels in bigger cities is worth the forty minute drive from Nuremberg. WiFi, parking, breakfast are all included in the price. VERY quiet if you are a light sleeper! Great staff that are ready to help in any way. My husband is a business traveler and always chooses to stay here, rather than deal with Nuremberg hotels.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank Lara A
Chipping Campden, United Kingdom
Reviewed January 18, 2012

I have been a guest at the Allee Hotel four times each time for at least five days, I cannot comment on value as my travels are paid by my company. The main part of the hotel is a grand old building which has been modernised very tastefully, a short distance away lies another newer building with balconies connected to the upper storey rooms.

When you enter the main part of the hotel you will find a reception area with glass walls facing onto the exterior, a grand piano sits to the left of you and a quiet little bar a few more steps into the building. Generally I grab a beer on arrival after the long journey, the local beer is straight from the pump and tastes good (Kohlenmule Beer if I am correct).

Just around the corner is the restaurant area, after repeated visits to the Allee I have never eaten in the hotel (I always look around town for food) but other reviews hold the chef in high regard. Breakfast is something to look forward to, as soon as you take a seat you will be asked if/how you would like your bacon, eggs and coffee (if you are in a hurry don't worry because the kitchen staff don't mess around you will get your food quickly).

There are many rooms that you may be given, all four rooms that I have inspected have been impeccable. All rooms are spacious have large well made pieces of furniture, the beds are comfortable and there has never been a problem with noise. Last time I visited I left a gold ring and chain on the dresser before I left for work, it was still there when I returned - a nice little test of trust passed.

Neustadt as a town is not as great as it used to be, I enjoy the traditional smokey german bar with good beer and good german food but this culture is in decline, last time I visited all I could find was greek restaurants - the smoking ban has killed all chances of a local pub atmosphere. The area directly surrounding the hotel is very nice, you will find a lake with ducks and a fountain in the centre, parts of the old town wall and traditional buildings are all around so keep your eyes open.

Staff are friendly and very eager to practice their already good english skills, the woman that owns the hotel is particularly pleasant and tries to be as helpful as she can. Next time I visit the area I am sure I will choose the Allee again but the surrounding town of Neustadt is nowhere as vibrant as it was a decade ago.

(Wi-Fi Friendly)

Room Tip: A smoking room could be available if you ask but as far as I know there is only one. The rooms i...
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled on business
1 Thank T S L
Beirut, Lebanon
Reviewed January 14, 2012

We make frequent trips to and from Brussels from Budapest and have been looking for some time to find a decent hotel at about the 800 Km marker starting from Budapest (for the return trip we always stop at the excellent hotel Residenz in Passau http://www.tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Review-g187311-d625079-Reviews-Hotel_Residenz_Passau-Passau_Bayerischer_Wald_Eastern_Bavaria_Bavaria.html)
I must say that we were pleasantly surprised by this hotel. It's situated not too far away from the Autobahn, there's a nice old city center and several restaurants at walking distance from the hotel. The rooms are very well appointed and clean. Professional,very friendly and helpful staff. We had a very nice dinner in the hotel restaurant. Careful though, the restaurant is only open from Monday to Thursday. But than again, as mentioned earlier, plenty of restaurants around at walking distance. But if you are in the hotel on one of the evenings the restaurant is open, don't hesitate one second, have dinner there.
If I have to mention one negative point: the hotel seems to think that everyone understands or speaks German cause on the TV you only get movie channels with movies dubbed in German and German spoken news programs. No BBC, no CNN, no movies in any other language than German.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed June 9, 2011

We stumbled across this property after we were unable to find the first one we were looking for. So glad it happened! Room was luxurious and modern. Front desk staff was first rate and spoke fluent English. The grounds were exceptional and taking a walk was very enjoyable. Best, though, was the pork tenderloin dinner. Their chef is fantastic... What's he doing in this small town. I don't know but I'm glad he's there. HIGHLY recommended.

• Stayed May 2011
Lexlip
Reviewed December 1, 2008

1st time I have stayed in this hotel was per supplier recommendation. Since then I have brought my family on number of occasions and intend to do so in the future. The property has a home feel to it, is extremely clean and in walking or driving proximity to number of excellent restaurants. The staff is very friendly and willing to help.

Stayed April 2008
Also consider these accommodations in or near Neustadt an der Aisch
Mittermeier Restaurant & Hotel
#1 of 2 in Adelsdorf
Hotel Riesengebirge
Hotel Riesengebirge
#1 of 1 in Neuhof an der Zenn

Been to Allee Hotel? Share your experiences!