“Nice food, service slow”
Review of Fischerhuette

Fischerhuette
Cuisines: German, Seafood
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed August 19, 2012

We fancied some fresh local fish, but the menu didn't appear to have much of a local variety, unless that local variety was trout! Having said that, the food was well prepared and served nicely - we had trout and zander fillet which came with veg and tagliatelle sides. The ice-creams looked nice when seved to a nearby table but an inattentive waiting staff missed out on the opportunity to sell us some. We sat with empty glasses for 10 minutes before asking for the bill.
The view from the outdoor seating area was beautiful.
A little over-priced for the whole experience. Thankfully there are many other restaurants in the town.

There are newer reviews for Fischerhuette

Reviewed July 17, 2012

My German-speaking friends seem to know best... this is a lovely spot, especially on a warm summer evening, when the waterside deck is the perfect place for a sundowner or three. The food though? Fairly bog-standard Bavarian tourist food. That said, it was one of the least expensive meals we've had in a week in Bavaria...

Reviewed January 11, 2012

This is the worst food/service we have ever had. We only visited this restaurant because, for the most part, the reviews were excellent and more importantly the food was reviewed as being good.

Its a nice little restaurant but genuinely and honestly, the food was awful - greasy, badly cooked and to give an example I found a lovely cartilage and bone spur in my schnitzel.

Im pretty sure it was bought from the local LIDL superstore, it was that bad.

Definitely try anywhere else than this for a main meal.

1  Thank Lliam A
Reviewed November 3, 2011

Our friends had eaten at Fischerhuette the previous evening and raved about both their meals and the view. As it was dark when my wife and I ate there with them the next night, I can only comment on the food and service. My first reaction when looking at the menu was wallet anxiety, as the $$$ prices didn’t seem to match the $ décor. Surprisingly, our dinners and the service were worthy of the required Euros. My wife had the mussels, which were very tasty and easily enough for two. I had the Oktoberfest Special, a venison tenderloin delight with traditional Bavarian sides, which was one of the best meals I had while in Germany. The service was also attentive and friendly, so I left there with my only regret being that I hadn’t also gotten to enjoy the scenery.

1  Thank DennisandKarleen
Reviewed October 4, 2011

Fischerhuette is a great spot any time of year. Situated right on the lake, the cozy lodge-like restaurant is a great place for a Sunday brunch, late lunch or coffee stop after a walk around the beautiful lake.

1  Thank berlinergal