“Excellent service; delicious breakfast; great location!” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Romantik-Parkhotel am Hammerberg

Romantik-Parkhotel am Hammerberg
Ranked #2 of 3 Hotels in Stolberg
Amsterdam, The Netherlands
“Excellent service; delicious breakfast; great location!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 7, 2014

The proximity to the town was ideal. We went to this location so we could be close to bike and hiking paths. We rented bikes from the hotel and were able to cover a lot of ground. Within a 45 minute drive, we went to other towns and nature areas along the Ruhr River. The hotel staff is exceptional, and friendly. Breakfast left us with far too much to choose from; it was delicious! Enjoyed the sauna.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room Tips
Rotterdam, The Netherlands
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 24, 2014

The hotel is located on a hill, right next to the old centre of this quiet, pretty town close to Aachen. It offers a great buffet breakfast, decent rates and plenty of parking space. Though very clean and well maintained it is not what I expected from a 4 star hotel. The rooms are rather spartan with small beds, a small shower and a very simple decor that dates back to the 80's or 70's. I guess if you are over 60 (pretty much all of the guests) there is something nostalgic about it. If you often visit hotels, like I do and expect a certain sense luxury from a 4 star hotel room, then this is not the place.
There was once a swimming pool, but not anymore. The sauna is very small but clean and has extra towels.
We booked an 'economy room' through booking.com that was was advertised as having a seating area and balcony, having us believe it to be a nice and relatively quiet room with a nice view of the green surroundings. It was actually located next to the entrance, had no balcony and the 'seating area' consisted of 2 seats next to the bed. According to the owner the hotel was full so spent the night there. The next morning we were first woken up very early by people moving their suitcases and talking loudly, just a few feet away from your bed. The 'Romantik' idea we had been looking for was obviously missing and in the end Booking.com intervened on our behalf. Before getting the room that was on our reservation we were treated to a loud speech, in front of other hotel guests, about how 'for once they would make an exception because we really booked the wrong room.' Nobody apologized. It was quite embarassing and hard to understand as the owners obviously (looking at the other reports) work very hard to please their guests.

Room Tip: 'Economy rooms' are located next to the front door, have no balcony and what is called a ...
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
2 Thank MarijnHG
Oxted, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 5, 2013 via mobile

We had booked another hotel in the region which turned out to be very disappointing. Having consulted our guide book we headed to the Parkhotel. The welcome was warm, the room very clean and spacious, the swimming pool a good size and the breakfast excellent. Although it was only a few minutes walk to the town centre the setting was peaceful and attractive. We would probably have appreciated an evening meal in the hotel as we had had a long drive to the region. However, as the town was close it was easy to find a restaurant. We would like to have stayed longer and would certainly stay again if in the area. Thank you to all the very pleasant staff and owners we met.

Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Redgwing
Melbourne, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 2, 2012

I always stay at this hotel whenever I come to our company Dalli headquarter in Stolberg for work because it's just a 5 minutes walk from the hotel to the office. It's a nice quiet lovely hotel located up the hill. The room isn't big (compare to other 4 or 5 star hotels in the cities in Germany) but always clean and tidy and got everything you need. I love the balcony and I love come here when it's summer. The hotel surrounded by beautiful trees and flowers. I normally stay up to 2-3 weeks. And I love the swimming pool and the sauna room. Coz I always stay for so long I end up knowing every staff and feeling like more at home than other guests. I loooooooooove the breakfast here. They are actually exactly the same EVERY day. But I just can't believe I never get tired of it. It's all about the good quality of the food. The coffee ... the juice ... the bread .... the salami ... the cheese ...the Jam ...the yoghurt ... hmmmm... big fan of European breakfast. I love the fact that they lightup a little candle under your coffee pot or tea pot for you and when the sun shines in through the window it is sooooo relaxing having breakfast next to the window. I always feel like I'm on vacation once I return to the hotel from the office. LOL. Internet here is free and FAST (well, it's Germany) which always a big plus for any hotel I stay travelling all around the world. My only dislike is the super super old school heavy key chain of the room key. But the good thing is, if you want you can leave it to the front desk and pick it up when you return the hotel. The staff here are super nice and friendly. I highly recommend to whoever travel to Stolberg for work or vacation. Oh, the hotel doesn't have restaurant but a few local restaurants just 5-10 minutes away. If you feel like pizza try "by George". Very popular among the locals.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled on business
1 Thank Eva Z
Essex UK
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 9, 2012

We stay at this hotel at least a couple of times each year. Beds are comfortable and the hotel is quiet, just up the hill from the historic old town. The owners run the hotel and are very friendly. Following a restful night's sleep there is a good quality breakfast with copious tea and coffee. The hotel has no restaurant so an evening meal does require a visit down the hill into town - a five minute walk.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Adrian_COLCHESTER
Sydney, Australia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 7, 2011

I got recommened to stay here by my work colleagues in Australia. Now that I'm here, I know why? the breakfast! What a choice, and tasty as well. However the rooms have that german country feel, and the bathrooms are modern and clean. I can't complain. Internet is free which is also good. The staff (and I guees its the family that own & run it) are really warm and inviting. The only negative is the parking. Its either at the bottom of the hill or on the slope of the hill, which in high heels can be hard to negotiate. But seriosuly this is just me being fussy.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled on business
1 Thank svm18
Essex UK
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 26, 2011

Family run hotel, in a historic town just inside Germany. Comfortable, quiet rooms.Swimming pool. High quality breakfast with excellent tea. Friendly staff. We have stayed here many times for overnight stays and short breaks. The old town is interesting. The hotel does not have a restaurant but there are restaurants at the bottom of the hill. Highly recommended.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Also consider these accommodations in or near Stolberg
Hotel Zum Walde
Novotel Aachen City
Novotel Aachen City
#1 of 41 in Aachen
Pullman Aachen Quellenhof

Been to Romantik-Parkhotel am Hammerberg? Share your experiences!