“Extremely good venue for a conference”

INFINITY Hotel & Conference Resort Munich
Reviewed February 23, 2013

I was one of 150 attending a 3 day conference. This is an ideal venue for such an event, with an incredible number of meeting rooms to suit every possible type of need. Reception coped admirably with multi check in and check out, it is clear that everything has been designed for purpose. The lifts are sufficiently large to get several people into them with bags. Food was good and I liked the availabilty of coffee through machines. .

The rooms themselves are very comfortable with everything that is needed, I particularly liked the bathroom as it reflected both thought and design in putting quite a lot into a small space and doing it very well.

We asked the barman to mix us cocktails of his own choosing, which he did, once he had ascertained our preferences. Extremely good.

The hotel itself is a little away from public transport. However, for an event, this is not a problem as one is unlikely to "get out". Hence, because of the quality of the services and because clearly this hotel has been designed, thoughtfully, for purpose, I would hold this as the benchmark for any future events I attend, miles better than some other well known chains.

My only slight gripe was the taxi man who was hanging around reception when we were leaving. He seemed to think he was the taxi man for the hotel and seemed to think that it was OK to badger departing guests to see if they had a booking through him. I knew darn well that I hadn´t booked through that company, however he took some convincing and kept coming back. Perhaps the hotel could arrange an improved way to link requested taxis with guests.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
Write a ReviewReviews (1,082)

Reviewed February 16, 2013

I had a 2 night stay at the Dolce Munchen in February 2013 for a business conference.

The hotel is about a 15 min ride from the airport.

Check in was pretty quick despite many of us arriving at once. I had a room on the 4th floor. You need to use your key for the lift and both I and my colleagues had occasions when this proved difficult to action and the lift didn't move!

Overall the rooms were very nice, I thought the layout was great with plenty of space for bags etc... and they were light and airy, with plenty of lighting options. I also liked the window from bathroom to bedroom and the walk in shower. My room was spotless throughout my stay. A couple of my colleagues had complimantary upgrades to suites which were very spacious.

Food in the restarant was excellent both at breakfast and lunch, though one of the vegetarian meals had bacon in it, slightly confusing messaging.

We also had a formal meal which was very good in the ballroom.

The bar shut early (1am) which was a bit disappointing as we wanted to carry on after our dinner and dance but we did manage to get some drinks from the vending machines on each floor (at a cost)

I think that there were two other fairly big business groups there at the same time and the conference facilities were very good.

If I returned to Munich for business I would stay again, if I went for pleasure I'd need a car as it did seem to be some distance from the city.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
Dolce_Munich, Administrative Assistant to General Manager at INFINITY Hotel & Conference Resort Munich, responded to this reviewResponded February 28, 2013

Dear Guest,

thank you for being our guest and thank you for taking the time to review Dolce Munich Unterschleissheim on Tripadvisor.com. We are very happy to read that you had an overall good time with us, especially that you liked our conference facilities!

We are looking forward to welcome you back in Dolce Munich Unterschleissheim.

Reviewed February 8, 2013

A great hotel convenient for north Munich and the airport area - albeit not in the most attractive part of town.

The hotel is modern, friendly and very efficient. It has great rooms with all the expected amenities. If you like a window from the bedroom into the bathroom, then your needs will be met too.. I am a stickler for good internet access and the Dolce provides a range of prices and speeds.

The restaurant and room service are very good; but don't expect to be amazed by the food. The buffet breakfast has everything you could want. I particularly like their Bircher Muesli.

The Spa/Gym is one area that is a partial let-down. There is a smart reception to the spa, and a wonderful medium-sized swimming pool. The pool is made of sheet steel. If you stay here, be sure to check it out. There is also a separate suite with four, yes four, saunas but no Jacuzzi. Very odd....why would you need 4 saunas? Lastly, the inadequate gym has been hidden in a broom cupboard on the same floor. I can't help thinking that this was not well planned.

Despite this, I always enjoy staying at the Dolce and can recommend it for all business travellers.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
Dolce_Munich, Administrative Assistant to General Manager at INFINITY Hotel & Conference Resort Munich, responded to this reviewResponded February 19, 2013

Dear Guest,

First of all, I would like to thank you for your recent stay with us and the time you have taken to write this review.

We are delighted to read that you had an overall pleasant and enjoyable stay with us and with pleasure we passed your feedback on to our staff.

Thank you again for your positive feedback and we hope that we will have the pleasure of welcoming you back soon.

Yours sincerely,

Reviewed January 24, 2013

If you want a hotel where, once you pass the threshold, all is well - this is the one. Very comfortable rooms and beds, good gym, beautiful pool ... rest and relaxation so you are fit and well for business ... because this is in the heart of a business district and there is little to do on the other side of the threshold. Restaurant is a bit stiff in the evening and a bit of a posh workers' canteen in the morning (but efficient). If you want a very high-end business stop over or somewhere to base youself for a short working week in Unterschleissheim - this is perfect. Bit of a trip from the airport - and very far from Munich centre.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business
Dolce_Munich, Administrative Assistant to General Manager at INFINITY Hotel & Conference Resort Munich, responded to this reviewResponded February 4, 2013

Dear Guest,

We are looking forward to welcome you back in Dolce Munich Unterschleissheim.

Reviewed January 23, 2013

we have stayed here one night as a stop in Munich airport. The room was very clean and spatious. It has a very modern design and the bed was very comfortable. There is also satellite tv and a breakfast with a lot of choices. We are talking about an amazing hotel. It is around 10-15 minutes by taxi from Airport but it is away from center

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
Dolce_Munich, Administrative Assistant to General Manager at INFINITY Hotel & Conference Resort Munich, responded to this reviewResponded January 25, 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you for being our guest and thank you for your review. I am so happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay at the Dolce Munich Unterschleissheim. I will forward your positive feedback to the team!

I hope that we will have the pleasure of welcoming you back at the Dolce Munich Unterschleissheim, soon.

Reviewed December 6, 2012

My partner and I booked a trip to this hotel to see the christmas markets in the area for our anniversary. Checking in was pleasant, no-fuss, and staff were so friendly and so welcoming. We quickly settled in - room was immaculate, very big and modern. The bathroom is stunning - gorgeous shower that I did not want to get out off! We are yet to go and have a dip in the pool but we will at one point during our four day stay as it's a gorgeous pool & spa area. This hotel will now always have a place in my heart because as soon as we got up to our room my (now Fiancé!) got down on one knee and asked me to marry him, so let me reassure you there is something very romantic about this hotel and this lovely part of Germany :)! The staff have provided us with lots of different things we have needed and the restaurant is gorgeous, lovely food and lovely staff. The breakfast is varied and the coffee amazing! I definitely suggest booking with this hotel and should we ever come back to Munich we will be staying at the Dolce again. Thank you Dolce Muchen for a trip I will forever remember and I will be sad to go home Sunday!

Room Tip: We were automatically put on the top floor but the top floor is VERY quiet - you could hear a pin dr...
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
Dolce_Munich, Administrative Assistant to General Manager at INFINITY Hotel & Conference Resort Munich, responded to this reviewResponded December 12, 2012

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for your recent stay with us and the time you have taken to write this review.

We are happy to read that you like the hotel, its interior and thinks there is hardly anything one cannot like. With pleasure we passed your feedback on to our staff! It is so nice to hear that your fiancé used our room to propose to you! We wish you all the best and we hope you will come back for your honeymoon!

Thank you again for your positive feedback, we hope that we will have the pleasure of welcoming you back soon.

Reviewed December 5, 2012

Just come back after staying at this hotel well what can i say apart from what a great hotel.the staff couldnt help enough when my friend lost his passport they done everything they could to help us.its easy to get around as the train is only 10mins from the hotel.so anyone who moans about this hotel pls get a life as its one of the best hotels i have stayed in.already looking at goin back.the rooms were spotless i had no problems wiv the wifi but then again i dont go away to be worrying abot that.thanks again to all the staff x

• Stayed: November 2012
Dolce_Munich, Assistant to General Manager at INFINITY Hotel & Conference Resort Munich, responded to this reviewResponded December 9, 2012

Dear Guest,

I would like to thank you for your stay with us and the time you have taken to write this review.

We are so happy to read that you had such a good stay with us. We are glad to hear that everything went well with the Passport and you had a save trip home! Thank again for your positive feedback, we will pass it to our staff with the greatest pleasure!

We are looking forward to welcoming you back at the Dolce Munich Unterschleissheim!

Yours sincerely,
Regina Evers

Also consider these accommodations in or near Unterschleissheim
Victor's Residenz-Hotel Munich
Victor's Residenz-Hotel Munich
#2 of 4 in Unterschleissheim
SOULMADE
SOULMADE
#1 of 8 in Garching bei Munchen
Hotel am Schlosspark Zum Kurfurst
Hotel am Schlosspark Zum Kurfurs...
#1 of 2 in Oberschleissheim
Marc Munchen
Marc Munchen
#8 of 389 in Munich
Pullman Hotel Munich
Pullman Hotel Munich
#56 of 389 in Munich
Golden Tulip Olymp Hotel

Been to INFINITY Hotel & Conference Resort Munich? Share your experiences!