“Tired”

Dining options: Reservations
Shrewsbury, United Kingdom
“Tired”
Reviewed April 13, 2013

Stayed here on our C2C journey. Staff were very friendly and attentive and the food was tasty and portion sizes large! Our room left a lot to be desired though! Did not even think about having a shower as the sides were full of damp and mould - this really needs to be addressed as at £75 per night it's not the cheapest place!

• Visited April 2013
2 Thank gilldawes

Leeds, United Kingdom
“has anyone else seen the ghost?”
Reviewed December 27, 2012

twice now we have stayed at the station tavern. the second time we had a very strange experiance. in the middle of the night we had the duvet pulled off us. my husband saw an outline of a lady stood by the window. he said her name was murial for some strange reason. if anyone else has experianced anything along these lines please comment we where staying in the second room on the laft down the corridor....by the way host where brill. food very good.... never told host about the ghost lol but wish i had done .

• Visited January 2012
2 Thank 720gwenbo
Stockton-on-Tees
“Nice Food and Charming Character”
Reviewed November 19, 2012

My wife, daughter and I visited here for lunch recently, after finishing a three hour walk nearby. From the outside it doesn't look much, but inside it is full of charm. It is relatively small, but what do you expect in such a rural location. They finish serving food at 3:00 on a Sunday and as we arrived at 2:50 I was concerned they wouldn't serve us. Happily my concerns were unnecessary, and we had a lovely lunch. My wife and I have battered mushrooms to start, then I had scampi, my wife coronation chicken sandwich and our 6 year old had chicken nuggets and chips. We all throughly enjoyed our food which was simple but plentiful, and I washed it down with a couple of pints of Black Sheep Bitter.

• Visited November 2012
3 Thank The_Lang
Yorkshire
“A good location for Coast to Coasters”
Reviewed September 13, 2012

I had a single room- not en suite but with private bathroom facilities with a bath. Good value evening meal and decent breakfast. Friendly staff. A great place to stay.

• Visited August 2012
3 Thank helensuz
Jersey, United Kingdom
“Looks tired but worth a visit”
Reviewed September 12, 2012

We were staying at a B&B and tried this place for dinner as it's the only choice in Grosmont.
It's an old station hotel which has been turned into a pub/inn. It's tired and not particularly promising at first impression. We walked past to check for alternatives.
We went back and realised that first impressions aren't always right.
The staff were friendly and we enjoyed good beer whilst looking at the reasonable choice on the menu. We both really enjoyed our meal, but my fish was outstanding. This chef can cook!
So don't hesitate - it really is very good.

• Visited August 2012