2,856 results
All reviews coral nursery jala restaurant tepian laut datai bay north wing flying lemurs pool access room beach bar fish restaurant monitor lizards beautiful beach fish feeding morning and evening rainforest room main restaurant nature walk kids club
Reviewed July 16, 2018

We stayed here with our 2 year old daughter. Having spent a week at the wonderful Tanjung Rhu hotel we transferred here for our second week. We loved it. With high expectationsThe Andaman lived up to our expectations, and beyond. Our daughter loved the wildlife that is around you. We were blessed by visits of troops of monkeys down by the pool, monitor lizards, giant squirrels and flying possums. Not to mention the birds, butterflies etc. We were staying in a garden suite. If I am honest the room was a bit dark as it was on the ground floor and the garden backed onto the jungle. However as we spent little time in our room, and saw so much wildlife from the garden this aspect could easily be overlooked. The facilities are fantastic, the beach, pool and grounds are well kept and stunning. We ate in the different restaurants on site and the staff where helpful. I had a bit of a medical issue which was very kindly dealt with by the management. That was much appreciated and beyond the call of duty. Thank you for a fantastic stay. For anyone looking for a dual location holiday the Andaman paired with the Tanjung Rhu worked perfectly.

• Stayed: January 2018, traveled with family
3  Thank jamescC5679LR
AndamanLangkawiLC, General Manager at The Andaman, a Luxury Collection Resort, Langkawi, responded to this reviewResponded July 25, 2018

Dear jamescC5679LR,

Thank you for taking the time to write us this review – my team and I do appreciate it.

We’re absolutely lucky to be located within a lush green rainforest! And of course, with a 10-million-year-old rainforest, comes the wide variety of flora and fauna that one can discover. It’s lovely to hear that your daughter thoroughly enjoyed the wildlife sightings!

I am also glad to know you had managed to dine at our restaurants – I do hope it was a memorable experience!

Sorry to hear that there was a medical issue, however I am pleased to know that the team was able to assist you accordingly.

Reviewed July 15, 2018

I was there to have lunch with a client on June 6 2018 at around 1245pm-1pm. Wanted to give Andaman's management some feedback and advice on my experience

Andaman requested that we put in a credit charge temp authorization of RM 3000 (see attached) for our party (we have 6 pax), and we were told that the charge will be cancelled if we eat at one of the Andaman's restaurants. I was like wow, but i went head and dined at the Andaman. I was with clients, and I didn't want the hassle of going somewhere else (see paragraph below on the captive nature of Teluk Datai)

The above was a rude shock. Think about it, there isn't any stand alone F&B places at Teluk Datai, so we can only eat at The Datai Langkawi or at the Andaman. The Datai Langkawi never insist on a credit card charge on folks who want to dine at one of it's restaurants. In fact, I think the Datai Langkawi will welcome folks ( who wants to dine at its restaurants) with open arms. Why not, right, it's extra revenue for the hotel, and is needed considering the amount of fixed costs that is need to run a hotel

Really disappointed at the way we were treated by the Andaman - they placed a RM 3000 temp authorization charge on my card all because i wanted to have meal. And the meal was average to be honest, nothing special. They did remove the charge once we prove to them that we have eaten at the restaurant. After our meal, no one approach me to offer to cancel the charge, and I have to walk back to reception to inform them. I am not sure how much (client picked up the tab) the bill was but it was not more than RM 250 (think there was a promo going around, so our tab was discounted by 40%-50%, hence the RM 250 tab), contrast that with the temp authorization of RM 3000.

The temp charge really ruined our experience....made us feel like we are people who have no means to pay.

• Stayed: June 2018, traveled on business
3  Thank MartinK6605
AndamanLangkawiLC, General Manager at The Andaman, a Luxury Collection Resort, Langkawi, responded to this reviewResponded July 20, 2018

Dear Martin K,

First off, thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts with us. We truly do appreciate it.

Please do accept my apologies that perhaps this wasn’t communicated well. Rest assured that we will definitely welcome guests from all walks of life to dine with us and the experience the many unique dining experiences that we have to offer at The Andaman.
However, due to how the resort is designed, it could be a challenge to have a record of outside guests for record purposes as well as safety.

Therefore, the temporary credit card pre-authorization serves as a way for us to record our walk-in guests and to ensure the safety of all guests – I am sure the management form The Datai would’ve agreed to this solution as well if faced with a similar predicament.

Nevertheless, as mentioned, the charge is immediately reversed upon your departure from the property – that said, I do apologise that the process wasn’t communicated to you clearly. Rest assured that this will be further discussed with the team in order for us to improve.

Once again, thank you for sharing this feedback with us. Please do not hesitate to contact me at carlos.tarrero@luxurycollection.com should you require any assistance.

Reviewed July 15, 2018 via mobile

Recently had a Travellers massage at the Vintegrated Wellness centre that is attached to the Andaman hotel. The Spa centre is just wonderful, so relaxing with fantastic views of the beach. My therapist was “Joanne”, who made me feel at ease, and gave a wonderful relaxing massage. I would thoroughly recoomded a visit to the Spa to explore the treatments that they can provide.

Stayed: July 2018, traveled as a couple
AndamanLangkawiLC, General Manager at The Andaman, a Luxury Collection Resort, Langkawi, responded to this reviewResponded July 17, 2018

Dear rich642015

Thank you for writing us this review.

Lovely to hear that you had taken the time to relax at the spa. I do hope your treatment left you refreshed and rejuvenated! The open-air spa is truly a sight to behold as you get a sweeping view of the Datai Bay. Perfect for a photo!

Thank you for choosing The Andaman and we look forward to having you back. Till then, please do not hesitate to contact me at carlos.tarrero@luxurycollection.com should you require any assistance.

Reviewed July 15, 2018 via mobile

TripAdvisor deleted without noticing my first review (although being compliant with their regulations), which is why I have to rewrite it in a less thoughtful manner.

First of all, the location is great, really nice beach and you will have the opportunity to see wildlife directly at the hotel.

Second, it’s definitely not worth 5 stars and the exaggerated prices you pay from rooms to massages, food and! Paddle boards etc. Seriously, it’s ok if you charge 3rd party guests, but the ones that already payed for their room? The rooms used to be in a good condition, not anymore. The cleanliness is ok but not great. The staff is super friendly, but supervisors are a catastrophy, also in treating the staff ‚below‘ them. But most importantly, the service and the quality of everything what you get doesn’t match at all.

Especially when it comes to food, as your stuck with the food at the hotel, be prepared to pay premium prices here as well. We paid around 100€ per day (excl breakfast) for basic food, no alcoholic drinks to give you a sense. Not saying that the food was bad, but way to expensive

Lastly, it’s nice to have a coral nursery and to raise awareness with the locals. But if the rest of the hotel is not eco friendly at all, you do not trust in management to really mean it.

In the end, a Bentley in front of the Hotel doesn’t give you the extra stars if the rest is more or less like a 3/4 star hotel. And by the way, me and my partner got food poisoning from the breakfast smoothie which was the only time during our 3 weeks tour through Asia.

Stayed: July 2018, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Christian R
AndamanLangkawiLC, General Manager at The Andaman, a Luxury Collection Resort, Langkawi, responded to this reviewResponded July 21, 2018

Dear Christian,

Thank you for taking the time to write us this review; we truly do appreciate it. Please do accept my apologies that your experience at The Andaman wasn't up to your standards.

You're absolutely right, The Andaman does have a unique location with the backdrop of the majestic Mount Mat Cincang and the lush greenery we're surrounded by. When it comes to a hotel's rating, I would like to assure you this isn't something self-awarded, there is a system in place where a set of standards needs to be met. However, I do take respect your feedback and this will be further discussed as a team.

In regards to pricing points, rest assured that regular price point comparisons are done with other properties on the island to ensure we're in line. While there are hotels that include charges for activities, massages and food into their room rates, we do not do so as we would like guests to have the flexibility of having their own options.

I would also like to inform that the Coral Nursery isn't the resort's only conservation effort that's being carried out. We do in fact harvest rainwater that's used to water the plants on the property while fruit peels from the dining outlets are utilised as an ingredient for our compost in order to speed up the process - this is just to name some of our conservation efforts. Soon, we will also be going towards a straw-free direction and guests will be provided with a more biodegradable option.

All your additional comments have been duly noted and will be looked into further. I do apologise that you had experienced issues with your smoothie - thank you for informing us of this. Once again, thank you for your feedback. Please do not hesitate to contact me at carlos.tarrero@luxurycollection.com should you require any assistance.

Reviewed July 14, 2018

Beautiful location on the beach, surrounded by majestic rainforest. Rooms lovely, spacious and charming. Service perfect.

Outside Room 319 were a family of five flying lemurs (Colugos) sleeping and on the night walk they appeared and we watched them glide to the next tree. Amazing.
During the day there are lovely langurs who seem quite at home in the forests around the hotel. We saw orange monkey babies and their gray moms. Very polite and beautiful monkeys. Hornbills were spectacular.

The three dining halls each have special atmospheres and delicious, exquisitely presented food. My favorite was the sea food restaurant on the beach with an excellent band. We chose our fish to be cooked and it was perfect.

Highly recommended and we will definitely be back one day.

• Stayed: July 2018, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Patricia W
AndamanLangkawiLC, General Manager at The Andaman, a Luxury Collection Resort, Langkawi, responded to this reviewResponded July 16, 2018

Dear Patricia W,

Thank you for taking the time to write us this review.

It’s always lovely to know that guests are enjoying their experience during our complimentary nature walks! It’s the best way to get up close with the vast flora and fauna the resort is surrounded by – you’ll be surprised at the amount of thing the untrained eyes might miss!

I’ll also be sure to pass on to the team that you enjoyed your dining experience at Jala – nothing gets fresher than picking your own seafood off the counter! Did you know that our Chef meets the local fisherman and handpicks the seafood himself? Guests are also welcome to pick their favourite right off the boat!

Once again, thank you for choosing The Andaman and we look forward to having you back. Till then, please do not hesitate to contact me at carlos.tarrero@luxurycollection.com should you require any assistance.