2,630 results
All reviews gulai house beach club rainforest villa thai restaurant main building resident naturalist our honeymoon irshad mobarak sorbet nature walk morning and evening golf buggies lobby lounge flora and fauna adult pool private pool beautiful beach
Selected filters
Reviewed April 6, 2017

This hotel ticks all the boxes. We had a week here and could happily have spent longer. Beautiful rain forest villa, perfect beach, two great pools and a great Thai and another Malaysian restaurant. The hills help burn off all the eatin. Gym is smallish but not bad as hotel gyms go. Wildlife walks are definitely worth it. And the staff are great. We will be back.

Date of stay: November 2016
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
1  Thank Alison_Albany
ArnaudGirodon, General Manager at The Datai Langkawi, responded to this reviewResponded April 7, 2017

Dear Alison_Albany,

Many thanks for your kind review and for staying at The Datai Langkawi. I am happy to hear that our services made such a positive impression, delivering to a great resort experience throughout your stay. Pleased to know that you thoroughly enjoyed your Rainforest Villa and the team took great care of you. I will certainly share your comments with them and they will be very pleased to hear this.

Thank you once again for choosing to stay with us and we look forward to welcome you back post refurbishment.

Reviewed April 5, 2017

The Datai is set in the beautiful rain forest with the most beautiful sights. You can feel at times like you are the only ones there. This is due to the layout of the hotel and its amazing location . The hotel is very clean too.
They do organised walks which were very good. Jonathan was very good. Highly recommend them.The sea was lovely too. You could sometimes see monkeys from the pool which was an amazing way to spend the day.

The food is by far 5 star, and the costs are 5 star too.

I was disappointed that the rooms were a little tired and need a refurb. Also the service wasn't as spot on as I expected. For example I regularly had to take my own towels to my deckchair and sort them out. This isn't something that happens normally in a 5 star.

Date of stay: March 2017
2  Thank worldtraveller122017

Dear worldtraveller122017,

It was a pleasure to have you stay with us, and we do appreciate you taking the time to share your experience of your stay on TripAdvisor.

We were delighted to learn of your enjoyable stay at The Datai Langkawi, loving the location in the rainforest as well as the wonderful nature that surrounds us. Jonathan is very good indeed and really loves what he does. We have noted on the rooms hence a refurbishment is planned and our apologies for the shortfall on the towel service which we will certainly look into.

Thank you once again for choosing to stay with us and we hope to welcome you back post refurbishment.

Reviewed April 4, 2017 via mobile

I travelled as part of a group to the Datai and wow, what a truly beautiful place this really is.

The staff are all so friendly and welcoming.

The rooms are stylishly set out with everything you need.

The food was amazing, at breakfast there was everything you can think of and you can sit and look at this idyllic setting whilst grazing away.

The monkeys are fun to watch.

I visited the spa which was very relaxing and quite surreal having a massage in the rain forest and listening to all the noises!

Don't hesitate to visit this hotel, you will not be disappointed! Thank you for having us!

Date of stay: April 2017
1  Thank Adnats

Dear Adnats,

Thank you for sharing your feedback on your recent stay with us. I am happy to hear that you had a wonderful holiday and thoroughly enjoyed all aspects of The Datai experience.

I will share your comments back to our team, they will be happy to hear that they assisted in making your stay a memorable one.

We do look forward to welcoming you back for more memorable moments.

Reviewed April 4, 2017

My husband and I celebrated our 15th wedding anniversary at the Datai. It was a place we had wanted to visit for several years, being fans of the architect Kerry Hill and we weren't disappointed. Perfectly blended into a ten million year old rainforest, it's as if this place evolved organically from the jungle. The highlights were our guided walks with the hotel naturalist, irshad Mobarak who turned us into wide eyed children as we discovered Colugos, flying squirrels, white bellied eagles, hornbills, and two species of monkey to name a few. Swimming in the pristine bay was also unforgettable. The service was superb from all the staff and the food wonderful, especially the breakfasts! We can't wait to go back after the refurbishment however we feel it's all pretty perfect as it is.

Date of stay: March 2017
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
2  Thank Vanessa V
ArnaudGirodon, General Manager at The Datai Langkawi, responded to this reviewResponded April 6, 2017

Dear Vanessa V,

It was a pleasure to have you stay with us especially to celebrate your 15th wedding anniversary, and we do appreciate you taking the time to share your experience of your stay on TripAdvisor.

I am delighted to hear that you enjoyed your rainforest experience especially the nature walks with Irshad and seeing all the wildlife that surrounds our resort, we are truly blessed to be custodians of this magnificent rainforest.

I will pass your kind words of appreciation to the rest of the team who I am sure will be pleased to hear that they assisted in creating a memorable stay for you.

On behalf of the team, once again thank you for choosing to stay with us and we hope to welcome you back post refurbishment.

Warmest regards,

Reviewed April 2, 2017

Stunning location set amidst rainforest with views and a beautiful walk down to the beach. Staff could not have been friendlier or more helpful and welcoming. Rooms are clean and comfortable and well equipped. Food is delicious.

Date of stay: April 2017
1  Thank Jf H

Dear Jf H,

Thank you for sharing your feedback on TripAdvisor. I am delighted to hear that you enjoyed your rainforest experience at The Datai Langkawi. I will pass your comments back to our team, they will be happy to hear that they assisted in making your stay a memorable one.

We look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.