The Palace Port Ghalib
$118
$110
  • Breakfast included
Jaz Grand Resta(Marsa Alam)
$60
$58
Hotels.com
  • Pool
Jaz Dar El Madina(Marsa Alam)
$92
  • Breakfast included
Sol Y Mar Reef Resta(Marsa Alam)(Great Value!)
Hotels.com
Jaz Solaya(Marsa Alam)
$133
$130
  • Beachfront
TripAdvisor
Port Ghalib Resort(Port Ghalib)
  • Breakfast included
Siva Port Ghalib(Port Ghalib)
1,483 results
All reviewssix sensesmarsa alampool deckhalf boardguest relationsextra diversbreakfast and dinnerbeautiful house reeffishevery eveningcoral reefminutes from the airportfive star hotelrelaxing holidaylebanese restaurantspecial thankssea view
Reviewed November 13, 2013

This place is just fantastique the services is really good, you are treated like a friend, they just wait for you. We really appriciate the services on the pool and the beach. Thanks a lot to Mohamed gaber who takes care of us every day, with pleasure and such a kindness, he really contribute to our wonderfull stay.

• Stayed: November 2013
3  Thank metterval
Reviewed November 2, 2013

I travelled with my wife/sister and brother in law last month to this fantastic hotel.

this is one of the safest places to go. no signs of any unrest here.( my son visited Sharm el Sheik at the same time while we where in Egypt and he also had a great time )

when we arrived on the airport there was someone there to greet us and take us with the minibus to the hotel.( which is only a 7 minute drive from the airport.)

at the hotel check in was quick( I am a priority club member).we where shown around the hotel right after check in and then shown to our luxurious rooms.

2 large rooms with sea view.large bath with separate shower.all marble.a large tv with loads of english channels for us to watch.
on our first night we dinner in the bar. quick service and fantastic food.( hot and tasty )

Breakfast buffet- I don't know where to start.The choice is massive. anything you would like was there-and if something was missing - ask and it will be served.( Dana was looking after us very well.)
the evening buffets where always something special.

we spend the days relaxing on the pool and on the beach. apart from the odd trip into the water for a bit of snorkelling we did not do much. we did go for some coffee in to Port Ghalib ( costa coffee)
one evening we had a pizza in Port Ghalib which made a change.

A big thank you to ALL the the staff at the Hotel.We had a fantastic time at the intercontinental.

We are planning already the next holiday for the new year there.

See you soon!

Room Tip: See view rooms are nice and quiet.
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled with friends
4  Thank chiefht
Reviewed November 2, 2013

Quick flight from Cairo right into Marsa Alam airport. Transfer from airport to the hotel took less than 10 minutes. What a pleasant surprise! Beautiful-beautiful property. The staff is outstanding! We stayed in a sea room view with a balcony and a view of the pool. The room included king bed, large deep tub, shower is separate. Room has wired internet, wireless is available at the bar. The hotel has a private beach and a walking pier. The snorkeling was fantastic! Our stay included half board. The breakfast and dinner buffet were good with several options. We have stayed at Soma Bay and Sharm. This is definitely where we will be going in the future. One drawback is the flight from Cairo. It is once a day, in the late afternoon. We felt safe the entire time. I walked the beach alone and loved every minute of it! I have recommended this property to several of my friends and I can't wait to go back!!

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
6  Thank Christy T
Reviewed November 2, 2013

Thanks a lot for everyone in the hotel ,
Our stay in the hotel was more than wonderful. I love it so much , and I hope to visit it again in the mid year vacation.
All hotel staff providing excellent service and each one meticulously working takes place,
Special thanks to (Dana in reception , Amr , Meena, room service & Dina in the olive restaurant )
Dr. Sherif , I can't forget your help.

More than thanks and appreciation for the shef Magdy in olive restaurant
The eating delicious and varied,
Magdy was helpful respectable man.

I can't remember all the names in the hotel but , all are excellent.
Hope visit you again soon inshallah.

Room Tip: Pool view is excellent
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank Sarah G
Reviewed November 1, 2013

First, would like to emphasize to my fellow Tripadvisor travelers how same the Red Sea is. I have travelled to many countries and never felt any safer anywhere else. In this trip in October, I even drove by taxi to Luxor and spent 2 nights, then flew to Cairo for another 2 nights, and never felt unsafe. I believe those that are hesitant because of the situation in Egypt are losing a golden opportunity to enjoy visiting the beautiful sites and resorts with no crowd and at very reasonable prices.

Now back to this place. After visiting Sharm few times, I visited Marsa Alam port ghalib last year, and I immediately realized this is the place for me to enjoy a relaxing holiday in a luxurious resort at affordable prices. In addition to the high level service and attentive staff, here are what I think the advantages of the port ghalib intercontinental:
• Luxurious and spacious rooms that truly deserves its 5 stars.
• It is on its own beach with easy access of 2-3 minutes to walk to the Jetty and enjoy snorkeling. On the right side of the jetty, there is also easy access via the beach. This is important especially if you have children.
• Beautiful untouched house reef that is rich of marine life. Colorful fish and wonderful corals.
• Nice pool and Salt Water Lagoon. Rarely used it though as we prefer to swim in the crystal blue sea with the colorful fish on the right side of the jetty.
• Very close to the airport (10 minutes) with no noise.
• 5 minutes walk to Port Ghalib Marina, that has shops, restaurants, coffee shop for a change. People from other resorts come by taxi, while we walk there every night.

In short, we have had wonderful times, and would highly recommend the Intercontinental Port Ghalib the Place to everyone looking for a relaxed holiday.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family