All reviews the ground floor full english ensuite shower room tea and coffee making facilities good nights sleep on arrival gig venue convenience basin kennedy
Reviewed April 26, 2018 via mobile

Stayed overnight at The Robin 2 on 25th April. Got there mid afternoon and booked in, we had booked one double and one single for the double they offered us the choice of 2 rooms 1 of them was on the ground floor so we went with that one as I now have a bit of a problem with stairs. The single we had booked they upgraded to a double.
Our ground floor room turned out to be an adapted room for disabled being such it was more spacious ( room to manoeuvre a wheelchair if needed ) 2 twin beds well apart leaving wide space in centre of room 1 large wardrobe plenty of hanging space. Tea and coffee making facilities. The beds were very comfortable we both had a good nights sleep.
The ensuite bathroom too was a good size with a raised toilet with grab rails and a shower stall that could accommodate a bath chair alarm pull cord in corner of room. Water was a good strong flow and a perfect temperature.
Breakfast in the morning is in another part of the building it’s on the 1st floor but there is a lift which is big enough to take a wheelchair. The breakfast itself was excellent choice of orange juice, cereal and milk, then a hot breakfast comprising of whatever combination of a full English you choose, tea / coffee as much as you like.
Considering the price charged great value for money well worth a visit we certainly will be back.

Stayed: April 2018, traveled with friends
1  Thank Rosslyn R
Reviewed April 20, 2018 via mobile

The robin to hotel is a nice place nice friendly staff good food nothing too much trouble not too far away it’s been there now a number of years so that says quite a lot for it and a lot of people you speak to have a good time there .

Stayed: May 2017, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 6, 2018

Would I stay again?...yes....but only for the price and convenience: I was playing in a band at the Robin 2, so stayed over with my partner at the Robin 2 Hotel. I was informed at arrival that because they had no chef, that we could not have breakfast and was reimbursed, and given a map of the High Street to look for an alternative place to eat in the morning. Not great....but fair enough. Room 4 was very small for a double room, and was in fact two single beds pushed together, and with very cheap mattresses I suspect. The shower/toilet was fine, although the sink is squeezed into such a small space, that a large person would really struggle to use it. It was superficially clean, although had marks on the wall and thick dust on some less obvious surfaces. Reception staff were very friendly on arrival, less so on departure. This place is fine for a cheap no frills place to sleep.

Stayed: April 2018, traveled as a couple
Reviewed February 11, 2018 via mobile

We really enjoyed our stay at the Robin 2. Best full English we’ve ever had - we still remember it months later! Great location next to the music venue, and nice enough rooms for a few nights. Would highly recommend.

Stayed: December 2017
Reviewed July 11, 2017

I was booked in Room 1 . Apart from the lack of bars on the window may as well been a prison cell. One tiny window to open to let out the pungent smell which I could not start to try and explain! The bathroom was obviously for the disabled, The only good thing was the location which is literally meters away from the front door of the Robin 2. Band finished at 11 pm and I was up early for my walk to Cosely station so thankfully I didn't need to see much of this room!!

Room Tip: Somewhere else
  • Stayed: June 2017, traveled solo