“Lovely atmosphere”

Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Leamington Spa, United Kingdom
“Lovely atmosphere”
Reviewed June 13, 2013

Our first visit and not the last. Very friendly, good menu, especially seniors menu. Quick service, hot food and nicely presented. Also liked Warwickshire Beer (BOB). Thank you.

• Visited June 2013

glos
“ALL BOXES TICKED”
Reviewed June 13, 2013

We starting using The Plough nearly two years ago , and have never looked back !!!
Firstly you will struggle to find a more friendly pub than this , its totally unspoilt by any fancy frills etc .
If you want true home cooked food , large portions , and a friendly ambience then you will not be dissapointed . Always a good selection of ales on , a choice of ciders (mmm) The Plough is well worth a visit .

In the winter months the Sunday joint is cooked over the inglenook fire in the bar and is delicious!!

• Visited June 2013
2 Thank steveandmandy
Sutton Coldfield, United Kingdom
“A total disappointment after reading very good newspaper review.”
Reviewed May 28, 2013

My wife and I broke our journey from home to a Cotswold holiday by seeking out this old pub which offered excellent meals,according to a newspaper review.My wife ordered prawns-in-batter with chips.She objected to the excess of batter,the prawns were not cooked sufficiently,and nor we're the chips.She left most of the food on the plate!I fancied pork belly.I asked the waitress if the crackling was crispy.She went to ask the cook(good)."Very crispy",was the reply I heard.It wasn't! I had to saw through it,but left half of it !We were hugely disappointed.The bar atmosphere was pleasant and friendly, but the lighting was rather dim.We would not recommend!

• Visited May 2013
1 Thank Kenneth C
saravol, Owner at The Plough Inn Restaurant, responded to this review, May 29, 2013
Dear sir, I am very sorry you didn't enjoy your meal. This is extremely rare. Your table made no comment when but you did say your wife didnt care for the batter when you came to pay. We make our own batter and it is light and crispy, one of our most popular dishes and as the prawns are fried at 200 degrees I fail to see how they were undercooked. The 2 gentlemen on the table next to you had pork belly and raved about it. I guess you just can't please everyone all the time but I am genuinely sorry we didn't live up to your expectations.
Yours sadly but sincerely sara
Coventry, United Kingdom
“Fantastic food but now missing that extra bit of something.”
Reviewed May 27, 2013 via mobile

Last time I was here I was over joyed at how the village had pulled together and how the staff at the Plough managed a very busy and worrying night. THE BIG FLOOD. Can I just say thank you again for that night. I came in over the bank holiday witsun weekend (Saturday) we had a lovely meal that was cooked to perfection, not a fault. But where was the young man from behind the bar? Al thought the food was excellent the welcoming from behind the bar was not what I remember the plough to be, the person behind the bar had no eye contact with me and never even said hello. I remember the plough to be very friendly more like going to see friends than going to a pub. I was a little disappointed.

But praise where praise is due the food is the best pub food by miles and I will be returning. Perhaps the person behind the bar was having an off day, we all have those from time to time. Thank you again for coming to my rescue that terrible night.

Many Thanks
Mark Thomas
Coventry

• Visited May 2013
saravol, Owner at The Plough Inn Restaurant, responded to this review, May 28, 2013
Hello there,
Thanks very much for your review, I appreciate the feedback. I'm very happy you enjoyed the food but can only genuinely apologise if you felt the welcome wasn't up to normal expectations. This is no excuse but we were all a bit shell shocked at the weekend as I had cancer diagnosed on Friday and the normally extremely friendly lady on the bar sat night had also spent fri night at hospital as her daughter had a car crash. Black Friday sadly spilled into Saturday and I am so sorry if it affected your night. Your previous experience and our other reviews bear out that we are normally very welcoming. Massive apologies again and I do hope you'll return
Sara
Falmouth, United Kingdom
“Good food, excellent beer, friendly atmosphere”
Reviewed April 3, 2013

4 of us dined here on the 22nd March. The atmosphere was friendly and welcoming. The food was good quality and portions and reasonably priced (our main courses were £12 - £13). The beer was very good with a good selection. Would recommend it as a good old fashioned local serving unpretentious food and drink at reasonable prices.

• Visited March 2013
saravol, Owner at The Plough Inn Restaurant, responded to this review, April 5, 2013
Hello, just to say thank you for your lovely review, it really is a morale boost for all who work here. I do hope you will join us again, thanks
Sara and jp