“Wonderful Opportunity to See These Animals”

Tarsier Conservation Area
Day Trip to Bohol from Cebu with Chocolate Hills and Loboc River Cruise
$66.00*
Bohol Countryside Full-Day Tour
Reviewed December 18, 2013

I'll admit it. I didn't come to Bohol for the beach, to dive or for other water activities. I came to see tarsiers. I'm an avid observer of wildlife and this 4- to 6-inch saucer-eyed relative of the lemur has been on my "to see" list for years. I almost was successful at the Tokyo Zoo, which features the cuddly-looking creature in its nocturnal hall. But all I saw in the dark was a sign indicating the animal's presence.

So the Tarsier Conservation Area was the perfect stop for me. I saw four tarsiers and they were not behind glass or bars. Instead, they nestled in natural foliage found in the conservation area, snoozing in preparation for an active night in the forest. A couple of them awakened briefly and gazed at me with wide eyes. But my presence did not seem to disturb them. They appear to be habituated to humans as the gorillas are in Rwanda. The two that awakened never moved elsewhere and returned to sleep fairly quickly. I was amazed by their long, rat-like tails, because I always focused on eyes and size when looking at tarsier photos.

Guides show visitors where the tarsiers are located, so seeing one is pretty much a sure thing. Photography is allowed without a flash and a quiet atmosphere is requested. The admission fee goes toward protecting the native tarsier population.

2  Thank Rumples
There are newer reviews for Tarsier Conservation Area

Reviewed December 4, 2013

Great place to see Tarsiers and its great to see people trying to help these tiny animals. Long may it continue. 100% recommended.

Reviewed November 19, 2013

I like the place because you can see tarsiers freely living in the wild compared to those ones kept few kms from loboc area.they look better and happier compared to those in captivity.Take your time.enjoy watching them as they live peacefully in the jungle.i went there with some guests just this nov 2013

1  Thank bethquimpo
Reviewed November 18, 2013

Many times to visit the tarsier in different areas in Bohol. In this conservation area, its a wide enough for the tarsier, just they are in the forest. A must see the little cute tarsier. Very enjoyed with my boyfriend taking photos.

Reviewed November 18, 2013

It's not often you can see the only ones of anything in the world. These are so cute and tiny its hard to believe they're real, but they are.
Worth the trip.