“Nice stay, great food delicious coffee”
Review of Mision Orizaba

Mision Orizaba
Ranked #1 of 12 Hotels in Orizaba
Reviewed January 15, 2014

I stayed here for 2 nights and my room was located on the first floor right in front of the nice courtyard, which was very nice except when they had the singer at the bar because I could hear him, the good news is that he retired not that late.
My room was very spacious and clean with flat screen TV, good water pressure and let me tell you that my hair was very soft after I took a shower here. housekeeper was very attentive and also the front desk people.
The food is great, it does not matter what your order, some dishes are spicy so when in doubt ask, servings are a very decent size and you must try the basket of sweet rolls. The coffee is delicious, they have different kinds, I do not recommend decaf because it looked kind of week. This region in Mexico produces very good coffee so don't forget to bring some home and you can buy it in the stores in the city center or at the front desk in the hotel.
There is a small swimming pool and a gym, free Wi-Fi and a buss center where you can use the computers and print. Hotel also provides parking.
There are more restaurants around this area and food prices are very reasonable, they have a dish called "chileatole" is more like a soup but is excellent, and also the "memelas".
You can get taxi from hotel but ask price before you get in.

Room Tip: Don't be turned off by the first floor rooms because the nice courtyard is right there, but be a...
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Mimi0924
There are newer reviews for Mision Orizaba

Reviewed August 22, 2013

The hotel has a great ambiance and extremely courteous staff. I had planned my visit spontaneously to surprise my friend and family who were in Orizaba during the summer vacation.
When my friends visited at the hotel, at end of day decided to stay over. Getting another room was very convenient. Overall, the hotel and its staff maintains high standards of hospitality service. The rooms are neat and well equipped for leisure and business travelers. Overall my visit at this town in Orizaba was delightful and very convenient to restaurants and tourist attractions. I am hoping when I return for another visit, Casa Real will be my preferred choice hotel.

Room Tip: The hotel front desk staff will provide excellent suggestions. The higher floors are quieter.
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed April 11, 2013

Beautiful, good taste, has a big courtyard with a superb view of del Carmen church, over a wall full of bugambilia flowers. No carpet in the rooms, which is great. I didn't try the pool. Orizaba is a wonderful place to visit, we walked around the center and to the hotel at night, there is a lot of security, feels safe.

• Stayed: April 2013
Reviewed January 26, 2013

My parents have been doing some major remodeling of a country house we have in the region, so we needed to choose a hotel to stay at, everytime we needed to go there. I am somewhat pickin when it comes to hotels - and a frequent traveler, so I do know what I want and don't of a hotel. We found Casa Real and loved it. Even though somewhat slow (common to towns in Mexico), the service is awesome - make you feel at home. Rooms clean, nice shower with a lot of pressure. Flat screens with many TV channels (for nights when you arrive tired out of walking). It may not be the most luxurious hotel but it's a best value one. The food is the best Mexican food in the region - Breakfasts are awesome - I´d definitely love to steal their cook. Totallty recommendable. Hint: On an clear blue sky morning (very often), climb to the hotel roof early in the morning and you'll have awesome an view of the Orizaba peak/volcano.

Room Tip: Ask for an internal room - NO street view
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family
4  Thank Tahiri1321
Reviewed January 18, 2013

The Casa Real is a great traveler's hotel. It is well run, easy to get to, and a good value. I booked the hotel on the location of Orizaba while traveling to and from the Yucatan from the central of Mexico, and from recommendations of tripadvisor reviewers. I was pleased with my stay. The front desk staff had no difficulties with the reservation, and I was pleased with the room I had booked. The parking garage is right under the hotel with elevator access and a 24 hour watch person.
The security at Casa Real is quite good.

Based upon previous reviews about the service in the restaurant I was a bit leery, but pleasantly surprised. The breakfast was very good, and the service was excellent. Three waiters were bustling about taking care of every detail. The food in the Casa Real restaurant was much better than many higher rated hotels.

It was drizzling and cold during our one night stay at Casa Real, but the room was warm and the hotel was ready for this weather. When we left in the morning I noticed that the Zocalo and the large church was just around the corner from the hotel. Next time I hope the weather will permit some local site seeing.

Room Tip: The hotel in constructed on a courtyard design with a tiled courtyard and three stories of rooms aro...
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 6, 2012

We chose this place despite a higher price tag than most other choices in Orizaba due to the pool and good reviews. Although the pool was undersized and the kids didn't use it, we loved this hotel. Very few foreign tourists come to Orizaba despite the natural beauty of the area and a nice little town. The hotel itself seems to cater more to business travelers than tourists. We met the wonderful Aby of Mountain Sports Mexico, a local outdoor adventure tour company, in the lobby to discuss a guided hike. Then she came back twice to meet us for different adventures and hotel management noticed her service nd they day we left, they were going to meet to discuss a partnership. Hopefully, this will lead to more tourist activities being booked here.

Although the pool was disappointing, the courtyard was not. A beautiful fountain with a lush floral garden wall frame a great view of the beautiful church right behind the hotel. We ate a late dinner when we arrived and some light breakfasts before hikes and the food and service were pretty good. There is a bar with service in the courtyard. They advertise room service but we didn't use it. There was a rather loud singer in the bar one night, but hey, this is Mexico.

The hotel is on the main road a short walk from the charming town center. It is actually virtually right across the street from the first class bus station, so no taxi required! The rooms and hotel are modern and felt more like American hotel rooms in size than any place we stayed in Mexico. We will visit beautiful Orizaba again and stay at the Casa Real.

Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank campingfam
Reviewed July 15, 2012

We have been in this hotel about 7 times, and except once where the noise from the center court was annoying all the other stays have been fine. If you have breakfast at their restaurant, you have to try the"Huevos Oaxaqueños", they spicy but not hot, they are good. And maybe the service seems slow, but people in small cities do things at a different rhythm. I like this hotel

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled on business