“Well worth finding Ireland's hidden gem”

Cromleach Lodge Country House Hotel
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Castlebaldwin
Dublin
“Well worth finding Ireland's hidden gem”
Reviewed August 23, 2010

For many years my wife has always wanted to stay here. Travels abroad have prevented this until I started several weeks of daily hospital treatment. For a break from this, we have just returned from a weekend away at Cromleach Lodge. Everything, including the weather, was first class. The reception, our room and the food and wine in Moira's Restaurant were all excellent. There were wedding receptions being held on both the Friday and Saturday nights. Unlike other Irish hotels, the staff and hotel management pulled out all the stops to ensure other guests not involved with these still enjoyed themselves and received tip top service to boot. Bar and restaurant service on both nights were superb. The layout of the rooms helps to ensure minimum night time disturbance from other late returning guests. All in all a credit to the hard working team at Cromleach Lodge.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (134)
Roscommon
Reviewed July 21, 2010

We have stayed in this hotel several times in the past 2 years. The food, service, staff and cleanliness of the hotel is the best we have ever encountered. I would highly recommend this hotel to anyone looking for a quiet night or two away either romantically or with a group. The views are amazing and the spa is fab. Words just dont do justice to the place.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled with family
Galway, Ireland
Reviewed July 19, 2010

Stayed here for two nights, it's a bit further from Sligo than we had expected but worth the distance - fantastic views, had us itching to explore. Unfortunately we only managed one short walk near the hotel, due to family commitments, but it was very peaceful and scenic, with a dolmen to boot - I believe there are some longer walks around the hotel too, just bring a change of footwear if it's been raining. Our room was lovely (very large, with fantastic lake view, quite near reception), and we got a good rate (rate varies considerably with room type). The room and hotel were kept very clean. The staff were very pleasant and helpful, and dealt efficiently with some small requests (e.g. the room was too hot, and they turned the temperature down - a small thing, but vital, and I've stayed places that couldn't or wouldn't do the same). Our toddler was made very welcome, which was nice - e.g. crayons were produced at dinner. The food was superb, with a fantastic breakfast - lots of choice, homemade breads and buns, vg cooked foods, fab fruit salad, big selection of cereals, seeds, nuts etc. Dinner was pricey if you got starters or desserts (we didn't bother); the main course was dear but well worth it, excellent food with a slight 'twist', we lapped it up. The house wine was really nice, and very reasonable at 22 euro a bottle. We had a very quiet and comfortable night the first night, but were awakened for an hour during the second night by noisy guests in another room. We didn't bother mentioning it next day, as it wasn't the hotel's fault that some people were inconsiderate - I only mention it to say that the rooms aren't fully soundproof, though generally very good. I gather from the hotel website that they keep wedding guests etc separate from the other guests, so they do try to minimise disturbance. Overall, we were sorry we couldn't stay here longer and would highly recommend it. We didn't try the spa so can't comment on that.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled with family
County Armagh
Reviewed July 5, 2010

I recently stayed in this hotel for one night with my partner and due to how wonderful this hotel is I feel I have to share my experience. I read all the reviews for this hotel before I booked as I wanted to be sure to book somewhere which was relaxing and first class standard. I was not disappointed on the drive up to the hotel the scenery is truely stunning and the hotel itself looks lovely and very well maintained. When we arrived we were greated by the manager Nicolas who was very welcoming and friendly, we were checked in by Adrianna who could not have been more helpful during our stay. We stayed in a deluxe lakeview room and we were both blown away by the view, the room was extremely clean, comfortable and beautifully decorated. We used the spa facilities which were very relaxing and enjoyed treatments. The dinner in the restaurant was fantastic and the breakfast was the same. Overall the hotel is of an superior standard, the staff are all friendly and helpful, the food is devine, all the attention to detail and little extras provided by the hotel add a special touch and make the stay very special. I have stayed in a fair few hotels and by far this hotel exceeds them all. I will definately be back and will recommend it to everyone. Lastly I have to say the freshly baked bread is delicious and the opportunity to purchase it to bring home is a lovely idea.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled as a couple
Dublin, Ireland
Reviewed July 4, 2010

It’s Sunday evening and I’m back in Dublin after my break in Cromleach Lodge. I have to write immediately before I forget to recommend this spot to anyone. It was only a short stay... Try it out for longer. I am happy to report it far exceeded my expectations. Down to earth staff, superb dinner, great natural flavours, no grandiosity which I find in a lot of places with reputation. I walked my dog and met Christy the owner on the way back I thought that he was another guest, he is a very good natured man whose only purpose is to please his guests and also met Moira. Both are lovely people with a huge success story behind and in front of them. I wish more Inn Keepers could have their attitude. We’ll return shortly with our dog Mikey. Thanks and Good luck to all there. Thanks Tim

• Stayed July 2010, traveled as a couple
1 Thank vkmini
Ireland
Reviewed July 3, 2010

We visited Cromeach Lodge three times last summer, and on each occasion we were treated with service we have never experienced anywhere else. The restaurant is consistently excellent, the rooms are a delight of comfort and style, the spa is a haven of wellbeing and the position above Lough Arrow is stunning.
What really sets Cromleach Lodge apart however, is the incredible personal service which is sincerely, warmly and professionally offered in a non-intrusive way by the Tighe family and everybody on the staff. While the restaurant menu is excellent, we were offered immediate and varied options as soon as we enquired about other choices (simpler food for older people and children). We really liked the fact that it was centred on meat and fish sourced locally in the North West.
When we lost something small but of sentimental value through our own carelessness, Christy and the staff searched everywhere possible along with us to help find it, and went far beyond the point where we had given up ourselves, although they were already preparing for a wedding. This kind of help and good will is rare.
The bedrooms are gorgeous-wonderfully comfortable and fitted out to the highest standard-yet the staff still asked us if we would like anything else.
Cromleach Lodge is set in an area rich in history and mythology (Tuatha De Danann mythology, Battle of Moytura, Balor of the Evil Eye, Carrowkeel Passage Graves) and the hotel offers lots of help and advice for walks.
This is a really unforgettable place to eat, to learn about genuine service, to rest, and to be treated with sincere warmth and goodwill.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled with family
Galway, Ireland
Reviewed June 27, 2010

We just celebrated our wedding at Cromleach lodge wtih 100 people and we had the most amazing time. We had a humanist ceremony in the hotel, which was absolutely perfect. The room was decorated beautifully and it was a very special occasion. Having stayed in Cromleach a few times for weekends away we were sure that this venue would be perfect for our wedding. The views are amazing and they set the tone for a most luxurious stay. Without exception, the hotel staff were professional, friendly and extremely helpful. The food served at our wedding was top class - everyone commented on how "non-weddingy" it was- they were so impressed with the high standard and the professional service of the staff. Our meal was so luxurious as it was paced to our liking and the food was just gorgeous!! From the beginning, the guys at Cromleach were willing to take on all of our requests for the big day. We brought special drinks we wanted served at specific times and this was done to perfection. In the run-up to our wedding, the staff communicated excellently with us and absolutely nothing was overlooked on the day. We made ample use of the spa which is the perfect way to absorb the serene surroundings. The rooms are beautiful- comfortable with amazing views. The most special thing about Cromleach is the unique combination of 5 star service and a personal, informal and relaxed atmosphere. The hotel has a homely feel while the standard of service and food is exquisite!
I cannot fault Cromleach in any way. We are very much looking forward to our next visit as are all of our friends and family.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled as a couple
1 Thank socs19
Also consider these accommodations in or near Castlebaldwin
Radisson Blu Hotel & Spa, Sligo
#4 of 8 in Sligo
Clayton Hotel Sligo
Clayton Hotel Sligo
#6 of 8 in Sligo

Been to Cromleach Lodge Country House Hotel? Share your experiences!