After reading glowing reviewws for Cromleach I decided it was the place for my husband and I to have our first weekend away for over 2 years. The room was gorgeous with a wonderful view over Lough Arrow. A few minor things to the exterior due to building works that have been suspended. There was a terrible smell at the room entrance due to a leaking ceiling.
We enjoyed the hot tub, which has a lovely setting and the entire spa area has been designed and decorated to a high standard.
We were really excited to go dinner as people had said it was so good. Looking through the menu I was expecting an amazing meal as mains are price at €31, starters at €14.
I choose the scallops as they were noted as being local, only coming from Donegal. They were fantastic, however the tomato salsa was a little heavy for their delicate flavour. My husband had the beef salad, which he said was very good, if a little too large for a starter.
I chose the Lobster & Prawn ragaout, again due to the proximity of the seafood. However in hindsight this was a very bad choice. The Ragaout sauce was very bitter and the praws and lobster was very hard with no flavour due to overcooking.
Vegetables were served with it, however they all tasted of cinnamon. My husband chose the duck but it was also disappointing, dry and not a lot of taste.
Later that evening I suffered the most horrendous vomiting episodes, all night long.
I was unable to do anything for most of the next day due to exhaustion from being so ill.
I missed breakfast, my husband did say it was very nice.
Obviously, we did not eat in the restaurant the next evening.
The setting is lovely and the hotel needs to increase it's standards with the prices it charges. I don't think we will be returning after such a terrible experience.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Cromleach Lodge 4* Country House Hotel & Ciunas Spa Sligo is situated in the beautiful North West of Ireland. They have been welcoming guests for more than 30 years. Set in the scenic hills overlooking Lough Arrow, this 4* Luxury Sligo Hotel borders neighbouring counties Roscommon & Leitrim. Guests staying here can enjoy the breathtaking views of the Bricklieve Mountains, Carrowkeel Tombs & not to forget Lough Arrow. This Modern Irish Country House Hotel, is justly famed for its fine cuisine, splendid accommodation and genuine Irish hospitality. Moira's Restaurant, the A la Carte Fine Dining Restaurant in Cromleach Lodge, offers very fine food from mainly locally sourced produce cooked to perfection. In the words of the Georgina Campbell Guide 2009: "Everything from the first little amuse-bouche to the last petit four with coffee is a treat - and, as in all aspects of this exceptional place, service is flawless." This Sligo Hotel boasts two bars, the luxurious De Danann Lounge and the ultra smart Nuada's Brunch Bar. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotwire and TripOnline SA so you can book your Cromleach Lodge Country House Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Cromleach Lodge Country House Hotel And Ciunas Spa
- Cromleach Lodge Country House Hotel & Ciunas Castlebaldwin
- Cromleach Hotel Country 4 Ciunas