“Cromleach Lodge - Superb”

Cromleach Lodge Country House Hotel
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Castlebaldwin
Reviewed January 8, 2012

Hi, My wife and I stayed in this fabulous hotel Saturday night. We stayed in a deluxe bedroom that had an amazing view over Lough Arrow, it has to be seen to be appreciated. The room was very large, modern and very comfortable. Staff in the hotel are top class, very attentive and friendly. We dined in the restaurant, food was delicious, too much to chose from, my wife had a duck starter and sea bass for a main, I went for goats cheese tartlet followed by chicken wrapped in parma ham, everything from the food to the service was 10 out of 10. Finished off the night with cocktails in the bar, excellent. When we finally retired to the room, you could hear a pin drop, the silence was golden, best night's sleep we had in ages. The hotel was very busy, great to see a place so busy, they offer great food, great service, great rooms at reasonable rate. Would highly recommend this hotel and restaurant if you need to take a break.

Room Tip: Go for a deluxe room with a view if you can get one.
  • Stayed: January 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Anthony H

Reviewed January 5, 2012

This hotel/spa is in Castlebaldwin, Ireland. The service, food, and rooms were outstanding. It's in Co. Sligo, ireland. Wonderful experience here.

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled with friends
Reviewed January 5, 2012

Stayed here for a friends wedding, and although the wedding was great, the hotel has some issues. I'll be the first to admit that we went for a cheap room, and as advertised these have no views and are actually underground due to the gradient of the site, although as the building isn't overly old (I'm guessing 80's built) I have no idea why some rooms were designed like this, there would have been ample opportunity to give all rooms at least a view of the car park... Obviously nothing they can change now, but it does seem strange. Rooms are comfortable enough. The food was ok, not amazing. The wedding room also looks a bit like a 1980's function room, which i suppose it is, shame it couldn't have a revamp. There was also a strange thing that after the wedding reception finished, we had to hang around for an hour for the residents bar to open... which doesn't seem like much of a residents bar...

The view is great though, and the staff were friendly, it just had some annoying flaws.

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled with friends
1  Thank MrMeaker
Reviewed January 3, 2012

Stayed here with my husband last weekend for a wedding. I can only say that from start to finish this hotel is exceptional. At checkin we were met by a wonderful staff member then shown to our room by one of the equally lovely staff members. The wedding itself was beautiful and the food, service and staff were all equally outstanding.Breakfast was excellent with great choice. Thankyou for a wonderful stay and it is so great to see this level of service. Well done to all.

Room Tip: The road to the hotel is quite steep so be careful!!
  • Stayed: December 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 11, 2011

We booked a saturday night with last minute mainly based on the reviews. I was not disappointed! Room modern, clean, spacious and great attention to detail. Restaurant was booked up so plan ahead if you can. Breakfast was the best I have ever had. Thank you for a lovely stay and friendly efficient staff!

• Stayed: October 2011
Reviewed November 2, 2011

We arrived at 9 oclock on Friday night, had a drink in the bar and we were then taken into the dining room. Dinner was fabulous and the waiters were so efficient and friendly. We stayed in the Hazel Suite and it definitely had the WOW factor. Breakfast was excellent and everything was really fresh. I can honestly say that we couldnt find any fault with the hotel, it is spotless, the staff are soo professional and the views from the balcony is fabulous. I would highly recommend this hotel to anyone. Cant wait to return,

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 1, 2011

I stayed for one night, dinner bed and breakfast and it was very, very good. The hotel is set down a nice winding quiet country road. Horses are in the nearby field and the views over the countryside and lough are awesome. The receptionist upon arrival was lovely and was so welcoming..We arrived a little late and I just asked her if it was ok if we came down to dinner a little later that what I had previously booked(when making my reservation over the phone). I wanted to freshen up after the journey. She just smiled and said "no problem at all, take as long as you wish". She showed me and my partner around the room, which was immaculate, large, comfortable and not too hot and stuffy like you get in some hotels.The bed was larger than king size and extremely comfortable. The owners of this hotel have what it takes, they know what guests want and they provide it right down to the tiny little details. A small bottle of Baileys for us both was also a nice touch.

This is best hotel I have stayed in, within Ireland..I would seriously urge anybody to try it out because our one night stay felt like a week. I woke up in the morning and looked out over the Irish countryside, with the mist just rising off the lough, the birds just tweeting and the horses gently eating the grass in this tranquil setting, feeling like a new person..I could take the world on after just one night of heaven.

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Castlebaldwin
9 mi away
77 mi away
Hillcrest Bed and Breakfast
Hillcrest Bed and Breakfast
#1 of 3 in Castlebaldwin

Been to Cromleach Lodge Country House Hotel? Share your experiences!