All reviews the main square stayed here battlefield tour scrambled eggs town square recommend this hotel good size leger holidays plenty of choice bars and restaurants separate toilet bread excellent hotel hotel is located free wifi no problem la paix
Selected filters
Reviewed June 6, 2019 via mobile

The Alize is a great little hotel.
Staff are really polite and helpful. The bedrooms very clean and tidy. With sheets that are so white you need sunglasses to look at them! There is a large choice on the breakfast menu to suit everyone.
Recommend this perfectly situated hotel which is in the middle of the town.

Date of stay: June 2019
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
DDeWeerdt, Propriétaire at Hotel & Aparthotel Alize Mouscron, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Dear 164barryg,

thank you for your nice review, it makes our staff and myself very happy

We LOVE those great reviews :-)

Reviewed May 21, 2019

This hotel was our base for "All quiet on the western front" tour with Leger holidays. The room was clean, comfortable and quiet. The buffet style breakfast were good with plenty of choice. Staff were polite and helpful. I would definitely stay here again.

Date of stay: May 2019
  • Trip type: Traveled with family
DDeWeerdt, Propriétaire at Hotel & Aparthotel Alize Mouscron, responded to this reviewResponded May 27, 2019

Dear Karen B

great to read you enjoyed your room, the huge buffet breakfast and especially the services of our staff

See you soon back in our hotel

Best regards

Didier DE WEERDT

Reviewed May 8, 2019 via mobile

Overall the hotel offers clean bright comfortable accommodation, just a few minor things needed to improve the overall experience. We arrived around 5 pm, but when I got to my room it wasn't ready (1st pic) after having left home at 0615, I really wanted to freshen up but had to go back to reception to inform them, they did sort it and had the room ready in a short space of time. when we went into the bar we had to wait for the receptionist to turn barman which isn't ideal.When I went to bed it was really comfortable but could do with better pillows as they were a bit lumpy. The tea/coffee making facility was 1sachet each of coffee, creamer and sugar so I just didn't bother. When I went for breakfast there was a bus tour in which had arrived the previous evening,there was no tables available so sat in reception to wait. There was only 1 girl in attendance to clear tables etc until the receptionist started to help but this resulted in people who were checking out having to wait until she saw them and came back to reception. I needed to go back to my room but found my key card had stopped working so another trip to reception. Eventually the bus tour people finished breakfast and I went in while waiting for my friends. I got the only clean and set table. The cooked breakfast was cut up tinned frankfurters, small bits of bacon, a few beans and scrambled egg left from the bus tour and had obviously been out for a couple of hours. I didn't chance it and turned to the continental offering which was excellent, lovely freshly squeezed orange juice, the croissants were the best I've ever had, the crusty rolls were great. Lots of other breads and great selection of cooked meats and cheese. The hot drinks machine wasn't working as the drip tray was full but thanks to the receptionist who emptied it. I think if they had better staffing levels just to ensure rooms vacated by 11am are ready for 5pm and more breakfast and bar staff, it would make a stay here much better. Both the receptionists on duty whilst we were there seem to cover all sorts of jobs but should really just be on reception.

Date of stay: May 2019
Trip type: Traveled with friends
DDeWeerdt, Propriétaire at Hotel & Aparthotel Alize Mouscron, responded to this reviewResponded May 10, 2019

Dear elainer759,

thank you fort those constructive remarks, it helps us to still improve our services.

About the room, we indeed had a computer problem, which has given us problems with the housekeepinglists, but as you said, the problem was solved very quickly and we offered you some drinks at the bar

about the breakfast, it is sometimes difficult to handle the tables and breakfast buffet, with its 80 hot and cold items, quickly after a group of persons left. But as you said, staff did their best and solved it rather quickly.

I hope that you will consider staying with us again in the near future so that we can have another chance to provide you with a superior experience.

Reviewed April 28, 2019

Okay - I embarked on a Battlefields Toura bit pensive. Thought I'd be in the Dugout and just go from field to field. How wrong I was! The Hotel was non-descript from the front. The town a bit boring. Lots of roadworks and annoying "nobody working" areas. (Health & Safety doesn't really play a part here. The Hotel was great though! Room, Telly, Clean. The Bar staff were polite. Not many English TV channels - but we were awayfor most of the days. Overall.Great.

Date of stay: April 2019
  • Trip type: Traveled with friends
DDeWeerdt, Propriétaire at Hotel & Aparthotel Alize Mouscron, responded to this reviewResponded May 3, 2019

Dear TigerTattoo97

when I read your feedback, it's seems you gave a 5/5 for the hotel but a lower rate for the city under renovation.

Really a pity for us this result in a 3/5

Hopefully you will come back next year when the road works are finished which will enable you to give us a better score :-)

best regards

Didier DE WEERDT

Reviewed April 27, 2019

Just got back from Leger trip "all quiet on the western front" .Lovely hotel&staff. Nice room ,,lovely breakfast, plenty of choice of hot and cold. Trip was amazing really interesting very emotional. One small gripe ..not with hotel but the area..lots of work going on in the main square so lots of shops shut down. Not a lot of choice of places to eat out ..probably 4 or 5 ...Very expensive..Shepherds pie 14 euros....Would be nice if Hotel did buffet type food in evening ...after returning to hotel 7 pm in evenings.Last thing you want to do is go out and find somewhere to eat...Having said that we had a great few nights sleep...very quiet hotel at night....not the usual banging of doors etc...

Date of stay: April 2019

Dear pjc55,

it is a great review you have written for us, thank you

about the works in Mouscron, the renovation of the Market Place will be done end of 2019, after it everything will be so beautiful