“Hotel was good - once I'd found it!”

Best Western Plus Hotel Erb
Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Parsdorf
London, England, United Kingdom
“Hotel was good - once I'd found it!”
Reviewed November 25, 2011

I booked this hotel online as part of my plan to visit a trade fair at the Exhibition Centre about 10 Km away. They sent sent me an email confirmation that showed the 'address' of the hotel on the first page. Onleaving the exhibition I showed this to the taxi driver who duly took me there. As the taxi disappeared into the distance I dicovered that the address was actually an annexe to the main hotel, all locked up and dark except for a smudgy map which vaguely suggested the hotel was in somewhere else, distance unspecified. I eventually found the main hotel, but only after an unpleasant interlude of feeling very stranded!

What annoyed me was that when I wrote to the hotel about my experience, instead of agreeing that perhaps they should make their confirmation details a little clearer, they replied that the central address is given on the second page, so it wasn't their problem. And it is, so of course they are technically correct. But it's buried in the detail, not displayed prominently like the annexe address. I didn't get myself stranded on purpose! They also say the hotel is about 200 m from the annexe. It isn't - it's nearer a kilometre.

Apart from that, I have to say the hotel was ok. The staff were friendly, the restaurant was good and the pricing was reasonable. I may even use it again next year now I know where it is.

Room Tip: Try to get a room in the main hotel, not the annexe
  • Stayed November 2011, traveled on business
1 Thank Nigel C

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Wiesbaden, Germany
Reviewed July 13, 2011

I travel for Business throughout Europe, staying on average 175 nights a year in hotels and most often travel by car. I chose this 4-Star hotel because when I booked their web-site stated that they have 2 restaurants open till either 11:30PM and/or 02:00AM where food is available and it is nearby to the location I had to attend the next morning. I don't get down the Bavaria that often and lately I have been eating fast food on these trips due to traffic and time, so I was really looking forward to good Dinner.
I arrived at exactly 10:30PM and at the Reception at 10:32PM where I was informed the restaurants just closed, the hotel web-site info was incorrect and there's no way it's staying open. The hotel is located no where near a McDonald's and the woman at the reception offered to put a frozen pizza in the microwave which was Mistake 2 while I was in the toilet, every hour the next day. Mistake 3 was that I wasn't staying in the 4-Star hotel as a result of over-booking but at the 3-Star down the road. The room was okay, clean, cheaper, but they had the trash bins under my window and at 05:00AM I was awakened by the garbage truck collecting the trash, Mistake 4. Mistake 5 was the wake up call I asked for at 07:00AM which came at 07:45AM. At 08:05 when I should have been at my client, I was standing in front of a different young woman at the reception with wet hair, disheveled and stressed out, (I had to again drive to the 4-Star hotel to check out). When I asked her where my wake-up call was, she replied "I was alone and busy", and that was it, with no sorry, apology or excuse me, Mistake 6. She said that she will not charge for the Breakfast that I did not have time to eat and when I asked for a free frozen pizza, she said no. I told her about the web-site, what the other woman said and she replied saying that at first, I read it wrong and then did not believe me. I then started to take out my smart phone to show her the web-site when she cut me off saying "I do not have time and there are other people behind you waiting to check out. I will look at it later and will get back to you". I am still waiting for her message, Mistake 7.
I am an easy-going, professional businessman who just wanted a Schnitzel, 4-Star room and a Wake-up call as promised. In return I was late, looked like a wet, half-dead fish and was treated like a fool. Never, ever this hotel again. It was a real sham.

Room Tip: Drop your drawers and bend over
  • Stayed June 2011, traveled on business
9 Thank Finnley
US
Reviewed December 15, 2007

While on vacation in Germany we wanted a hotel on the outskirts of Munich to make visiting the city and getting to the airport easy-- and this fit the bill. Since the hotel is in a small town it has free parking and remains relatively quiet with the windows open (no A/C.) The staff was friendly and internet access was available for a small fee. The remoteness of the hotel allowed us to have the bar and the breakfast buffet to ourselves which was nice, though the overall quietness was a bit erie. All in all, a clean, quiet, comfortable hotel--would recommend it to those with a car who don't want to stay in Munich.

• Liked — convenience with a vehicle
  • Disliked — most drive to Munich
  • Stayed July 2007, traveled as a couple
Southend on Sea, Essex
Reviewed November 15, 2006

I stayed at this hotel whilst on a short break to watch the world cup.
Very clean rooms,the staff were fantastic effecient and very helpful. We were even given a lift to the nearest railway station by a member of staff after we had enquired about the location.
Food was good and fresh.
The beer of course was excellent also.
Although the hotel is a 4 star functional style, there was always plenty of staff to look after us, and advise us on different areas to visit.
I would recommend this hotel as a good base for seeing munich which is a short taxi or rail ride away.

• Liked — Friendly and clean
  • Disliked — A little basic decor
  • Tips/Secrets — Only go here if you understand you need to take a ride into Munich, its not on your doorstep
  • Stayed June 2006, traveled with friends
3 Thank williamc
Milton Keynes
Reviewed October 5, 2006

I wrote the previous review. I had been impressed with this hotel. Well, I stayed there again - this time a few things went wrong, and I guess that's the test of customer service - how they deal with things when they go wrong.

I asked for internet access in the room - fine, but there were no LAN cables! I wanted to wind down in the spa area - there was no hot water and the steam bath was not working - no explanation! I ordered a taxi in advance of checking out because I was tight for time to catch a plane - it was 20 minutes late! Maybe not the hotel's fault but I was not the only one with a similar experience.

This is not a bad hotel. The food is very good and the price reasonable and the stafff are very friendly and it's clean but I think I'll choose somewhere else next time.

• Liked — Food and friendly service
  • Disliked — Location and the inexperienced staff who were unable to resolve problems
  • Stayed October 2006, traveled on business
2 Thank UK Pete
Bryan, Texas
Reviewed June 19, 2006

Rooms spacious and clean, with comfy duvets, small refrigs and complimentary mineral water and Haribo :) AC would've been nice- it was hot without it but noisy with windows opened. Breakfast buffet good.

• Stayed June 2006
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed June 7, 2005

due to the trade fair rush had to stay in this hotel. This establishment has what is calls its sister hotel down the road.

the rooms were pretty clean to be honest and very quiet, gave a feeling of a village hotel.

the breakfast was pretty basic.

All in all, the hotel had a cosy, friendly environment but seriously if you need to be pampered even slightly look elsewhere.

For around 150 euro/night it was certainly not even close to value for money. \

Stayed May 2005
Also consider these accommodations in or near Parsdorf
Bader Hotel
#334 of 383 in Munich
Arcus Hotel Garni
Arcus Hotel Garni
#4 of 7 in Vaterstetten

Been to Best Western Plus Hotel Erb? Share your experiences!