See what travelers are saying:
Reviewed April 2, 2014 via mobile

Homely country feel, easy enough to get a bus into town and a short walk up to the castle in Dozza. The town is stunning, reasonably priced restaurants and bars inside and an amazing gelateria just up the road from the castle. Definitely coming back!

Date of stay: March 2014
Trip type: Traveled solo
Reviewed September 27, 2012

Great location, far enough away from the hustle & bustle yet close enough to easily travel to key destinations. Very homely farm stay with great hosts! Views of sloping vineyards, goats and a beautiful/friendly dog. On the definite revisit list for our next trip!

Date of stay: September 2012
2  Thank Mickwass
Reviewed November 22, 2011

Our stay was in the fall, Nov 2011. Victoria was very through on her emails and gave excellent directions on getting there. (We rented a car in Bologna, which I highly recommend to get the most enjoyment from this area). The farm was a great hub for visiting other small towns.
Upon our arrival we were greeted with such warmth and hospitality. This was the tail end of our trip and it was great to not have to pick off menus for a change and instead get served excellent home-cooked dinners with fresh ingredients (we were lucky enough to have beef from their very farm). We enjoyed the food and company so much that we ate dinner every night of our 3 night stay. What a deal with the food and wine plus tasty desserts and lemon cello. Victoria is a fabulous hostest and has everything dialed in; with recommendations and a box of brochures for the surrounding areas. We hiked up the hill to Dozza and strolled around taking pictures of all the art, visiting the castle and warmly greeting the locals. My husband and Davide had great discussions on the function of farm and Italian lifestyle. We are definitely looking forward to a return visit to the farm maybe in the spring this time. Don't miss the pizza Victoria recommends in Dozza. My favorite was the cheese, sausage and truffle oil. The owner loves speaking English and is warm-hearted and fun.

Room tip: Rent a car to get there. Wi-fi is available and bikes are available to borrow. Make the hike up the hill to Dozza.
Date of stay: November 2011
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
3  Thank munshado
Reviewed July 12, 2011

I stayed at Farm Stay Italy for about a week total with my mother and young daughter. I tacked it onto the end of our Italy trip which was perfect... allowed us to unwind after quite a bit of traveling. The farm itself is so beautiful, the scenery is unbelievably picturesque. Victoria is a wonderful cook and a perfect hostess. The little girls are so charming. My daughter made very quick friends with them.

The farm is conveniently located if you want to take day trips. We didn't have a car but we still made it to Rimini for one of the days.

If you are considering this place at all, just do yourself a favor and book it.

Date of stay: June 2011
  • Trip type: Traveled with family
1  Thank adogg1219
Reviewed June 7, 2011

This is one place I always remember for the sweet memories, went there with my gf and it was not difficult to find when driving by our rented car.. the farm is near to the nearest train station, abt 15 minutes drive and Victoria offers pick-ups..

I must say Victoria and Davide has a lovely family, the two little girls are so cute.. hope they grow up to be just as lovely.. I remember their family dog dusty, so cute indeed..During the farmstay, stayed for 2 nights, did some vegetable plucking, checking out the giant pigs, had wine tasting at a nearby winery in the morning, visited dozza castle.. honestly should have been there during spring or summer instead cos the winter is not forgiving, did little back then..

Go ahead and enjoy a touch of local Italian family warmth and farm stay, I still remember trying something new.. oh yes.. it was Italian cow heart.. highly recommended by Davide =)

Room tip: Email Victoria thats the best way
Date of stay: July 2010