“Great place to stay once you find it”
Review of La Lampara

La Lampara
Ranked #4 of 4 Hotels in Deiva Marina
Basel, Switzerland
“Great place to stay once you find it”
Reviewed November 4, 2013

I satyed in the hotel for one nite just as a hub to Cinque Terre. Its a nice hotel at the beach, in the centre of the small village, good value for the money and great breakfast! Staff very nice; very difficult to find, we were hanging around for 20 min as the entrance isnot easy to see; also its rather far away from cinque terre, maybe that is why its good value. I would stay again

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2)
SLC
Reviewed August 3, 2013

I stayed at La Lampara for 16 days. As a woman traveling alone, it was such a comfort to
feel so safe with these lovely people. My room had a balcony with a 180 degree view overlooking the Italian Rivera, the Mediterranean. The beach was expansive and it was lovely going to sleep with the sounds of the waves lapping. The room was immaculate, with a large modern bathroom.
The breakfast, was unparalleled, not to mention the outstanding espresso. The train station was 2 blocks away, making it easy to visit any one of the nearby villages of the Cinque Terre. The village of Devia Marina itself, is very picturesque with many fine restaurants. I will return to La Lampara.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
Sydney, Australia
Reviewed July 22, 2013

I had the pleasure of staying in this family run place and I was made to feel like family from the moment I arrived.
It is right on the water front, my room having 180 degree water views. My room was older and not too big but clean and adequate. Other members of the group had lovely modern spacious rooms lower down in the building but with no water views, we were all really happy with the place from value for money to location but we all agreed the friendliness and helpfulness of all who worked there made this a place to revisit.
When we left we were given a little gift by the owners to say thank you for staying. We had a great dinner there one night and drank quite a bit and stayed till late but they were very hospitably. Lovely people, it so makes your holiday when people warmly welcome you. My room was so inexpensive I could not believe my luck. Thank you all at La Lampara. I would recommend to anyone.
Deiva Marine is a small place but a great base to explore the Cinque Terra villages and the surrounds. The train station is not manned so it was difficult to get tickets somedays. I was advised by the man in the tourist info if I got on the train and looked for a train guard to buy my tickets that would be acceptable provided I did not sit down until a ticket was purchased.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
#4 of 12 in Moneglia
Hotel Lido
Hotel Lido
#3 of 10 in Deiva Marina

Been to La Lampara? Share your experiences!