“Nice but overpriced”

Cuisines: French
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed July 22, 2014

The food was good but come-on, 15€50 for a slice quiche??? And 20€ for a salad with 2 pieces of chicken???
It's a shame cause the terrace offers a fantastic view over the lake.
If we go back, it'd only be for a slice of cake to enjoy the views...

Reviewed May 29, 2014

Excellent location with wonderful terrasse. Food is good as well, but place looks messy. Service is SLOW and disorganized (there are serving hours within opening hours... this can only exist in France).Will still go back because atmosphere is good and nothing wrong but could quickly cross the line.

3  Thank Beat0067
Reviewed May 26, 2014

A great setting especially as there are few places to park and then sit and relax outside with a drink beside the lake. But, this visit was mind bogglingly expensive considering the service was appalling and the menu misleading.
My friend and I called in for a drink and pastry after a great afternoon out which could have been rather spoilt by this visit. Firstly we asked the waiter about the selection of pastries described in English (though not, mysteriously in French) that came with 'gourmand' coffees/teas etc. The selection as listed doesn't exist so don't ask for it, you will get a coffee, tea, etc. with a slice of brioche for something just over 10 Euros. At this point the waiter was already rude and getting aggressive, which is when we should have left. However, wanting some refreshments, and as few places are open on a Monday afternoon, we decided to choose another pastry from the menu, but discovered that most seemed to be unavailable. I ordered a café latte and lemon tart, my friend a tea & no pastry. The drinks came, one pot of tea and one 'espresso forte' The waiters response to the latter was that he'd bring some milk but wouldn't charge us extra for it. What kind of decent café/tea room describes an espresso with a drop of milk as a latte? Surely the owners know better? The attitude and behaviour of the waiter, thrusting the menu at us and with his general aggressive stance showed a total disregard for us as customers. I, but more importantly my friend who lives locally won't be visiting again or recommending the place. Note - there was very charming waitress there, things might have been different if she had served us.

1  Thank Happiestgardener
Reviewed May 26, 2014

I hadn't been here for a number of years and risked a return trip. What a waste of time and money! The service was rude, argumentative and lazy. The guy made a mistake on the coffee my friend ordered and turned it into a lecture on what the menu really meant instead of just realizing that he had 1) made a mistake 2) that they simply don't know what a "caffè latte is and 3) that you don't argue with customers and try to make them feel stupid. He ordered us (twice) to just go and look at the limited selection of pastries that they had instead of simply ordering from the menu - too much trouble for him to respond to us I suppose. Overpriced and no idea of what gourmet really means

1  Thank CarmelC30
Reviewed April 5, 2014

Lovely setting, lovely views, but it is rather a place for a drink than a restaurant. My husband had a quiche, which was very good, but it just didn't feel home made, and the same with my soup - it definitely tasted 'mass produced'. We'd happily go there for a drink again,but not really for food.