“Either love it, or hate it.........I loved it”

Ibis Styles Compiegne
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Jaux
Reviewed December 7, 2012

I have never stayed at an Ibis or All Season hotel, and is with a lot of business trips I didn't book this hotel it was just close to where I would be working for a couple of days. Simply put I loved it! The staff spoke English, helped me arrange taxis and and were very pleasant. I stayed in room 205, it was airy, quiet and well lit. My only disappointing aspect was that there was no desk to do any work but it was a minor thing, and the scary gnome foot stool in the corner of the room didn't help me sleep at night. I like the crazy decor it suits my tastes and I had a very pleasant stay. Breakfast is available from 6 am, which again suited me as I had early starts each morning. No evening meals are served but there are a couple of restaurants situated very close by

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled on business
There are newer reviews for Ibis Styles Compiegne

Reviewed November 18, 2012

I had said I would never go back to the All Seasons but, needing to go to Compiegne and seeing that the hotel had been taken over and re-branded as Ibis by Accor, I decided to give it a go - I should have known better.

We were given a room with a 6'x4' clear glass panel separating the shower/wc from the main area - that is just plain weird, though I am guessing that it is their idea of 'style'. We coped with it for one night (with the help of some particularly inventive logistics) but were glad to get out of there. When I responded to the hotel's request for feedback on my stay by mentioning the glass panel I received a snotty e-mail reply telling me that it was my problem and that I could have pulled the 'panel' across: NB there was no mention of any panel at the time, and there was no panel. I asked the hotel to send me a photo of the 'panel' and a copy of the instructions for using the room but I received no reply (rather like at least one other reviewer here) so I am happy to warn others against it.

Breakfast the following morning was a test. The single member of staff made little effort to replenish croissants / cheese / milk / etc with any great haste, thus some guests (I counted a maximum of 8 guests having breakfast at any one time) were getting annoyed. Added to this, the majority of the food is in fridges on the floor, thus there is no option but to kneel on the floor next to others sitting eating their breakfast whilst attempting to fish slices of ham and/or cheese out of the fridge...once they have finally re-stocked.

I have used Accor hotels many times over the years but this was a massive disappointment: the 'style' is ridiculous and their customer service leaves a lot to be desired.

Room Tip: Choose a room in a different hotel!
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed October 16, 2012

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed August 30, 2012

Stayed here in June 2012 and to be fair we were happy with the room and deal. However, 2 months after getting home we noticed that the hotel had taken another payment. When we queried this, we got an email saying sorry for their mistake and asking for our phone number. Instead of repaying the money, we were offered a free night next time we visited!! When we emphasised we wanted our money back and an explanation as to how this happened, we were met by silence. We contacted IBIS customer support and eventually we received an email asking for our bank details. We refused to give our details to a hotel that had already taken money without authorisation and asked for the money to be credited to the card we paid with. We also asked again for an explanation. Two weeks later we noticed that another payment had been taken, rather than money refunded!! We contacted our bank who immediately refunded the money and promised to investigate. Eventually, the hotel repaid the two amounts, although because of changing exchange rates we were still a little short. We have never had an explanation or formal apology.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank David J
Reviewed August 26, 2012

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed August 12, 2012

We stayed in this hotel on a slow drive back to the UK from a summer holiday in the alps.

This hotel has clearly been recently refurbished and the rooms are clean and nicely laid out with an excellent shower. The breakfast is of a very reasonable standard and included in the price. The included wifi is useable but quite slow.

Nearby there are a few restaurant choices. We went for the trios brasseurs which did decent reasonably priced food and excellent beers.

The hotel also has a secure car park which provides extra peace of mind.

All in all for the price I was very pleased with this hotel, unlike the other Ibis in Compiegne which I stopped in to ask for directions and which looked very run down.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 6, 2012

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled on business
Also consider these accommodations in or near Jaux
Mercure Compiegne Sud
Best Western Hotel Les Beaux Arts
Campanile Compiegne
Campanile Compiegne
#7 of 12 in Compiegne

Been to Ibis Styles Compiegne? Share your experiences!