“A perfect place to stay”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Saint-Hilaire-de-Riez
La Petite Chatelaine
Reviewed September 2, 2013

We were lucky enough to stay here at the end of August, and it is truly a wonderful place to stay. We booked the gite, which is situated within the garden but completely self contained, with it's own private balcony, two mezzanine floors, and uniquely decorated with an oriental theme, so it feels very exotic and like you are entering another world. My children loved sleeping under the stars in their room which was on one of the two mezzanines.
Everywhere was spotlessly clean, the guest house itself is beautiful with a lovely garden, encompassing a decent sized pool, and also plenty of other space if you would like a stroll. It also has its own cinema, however our gite already had its own snug with a DVD player.
However what really makes the place stand out above anywhere else we have ever stayed is the hosts, Blandine and Christophe. They are two very warm, welcoming, generous and genuine people, with nothing being too much trouble. They do their upmost to make sure you have everything you could ever need, from lending us bikes etc for our trips to the beach, to tips about where to visit, how to get there etc.
We had a number of evening meals there too, after reading other reviews about the supremacy of Blandine's cooking, and it not over estimated. Her breakfasts are to die for, served on the patio, with home made muffins, jam, crepes, yoghurts etc every morning and the relaxed conviviality of the evening meals with the hosts and the other guests feels very sociable, especially as they started every night with Christophe serving a different aperitif.
Blandine is a fantastic cook and we have 3 young children, and I myself am the only vegetarian, and so are not the easiest guests to cater for but we could not have wished for a better place. I am still dreaming of Blandine's banana and chocolate muffins !
Perfect food, perfect accommodation, perfect hosts - look no further !

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family

Reviewed July 21, 2013

four years ago we discovered this amazing bed and breakfast and have returned each year since then....it is everything and more than you could ever expect.... The hosts Blandine and Christof are such wonderful people.... nothing is too much trouble .. ever.. they offer true hospitality..
the rooms are decorated with style and panache and the breakfasts... well there isn't enough space to truly give it credit... to wake up each day to the delicious smell of home baked bread and muffins.... fresh fruit , cheeses, meats ,(need I go on )...we were able to use the bikes and explore the region.... if you are looking for a memorable stay.... look no further , you won't be disappointed...

Room Tip: all the rooms are in a different style... all are really tasteful ..
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 30, 2013

My husband and I have been to France many times and have stayed in many B&B's. La Petite Chatelaine was the best experience that we have had thus far, from the amazing homemade breakfast (enough to feed a small army) to the beautiful presented spotless rooms. Blandine & Christof were very generous and obliging hosts, nothing being to much for them in the four days that we stayed. We will certainly go back there on our next trip to France in 2015. Kalli Manis - Melbourne, Australia

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 3, 2013

Having travelled to many places and staying at B&B's, this one is certainly up there with the best. Helpful, friendly and comfortable. Excellent accommodation, our room was spacious and even had an expresso machine! I would recommend this to everyone travelling in the area. Tony & Lea Australia

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 27, 2013

Superb accomodation, with perfect hosts, room, breakfast and service.
I booked the biggest room under the roof for 3 adults, for 2 non-consecutive nights as we went to Ile d'Yeu in between for 2 nights.
The room by itself was very cosy, well decorated and clean, with plenty of very good bath/skincare products.
The breakfast was really fabulous, with everything fresh and baked.
And what to say about the hostess, she was incredibly nice, from head to toe, through the heart.
It's one of the warmest place run by a loving couple that I would actually recommend for foreigners to show how France and French shoud be!

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed September 27, 2012

I had the most amazing stay at this little bed and breakfast !
I had the castafiore room which was very glamourous, has everything it needs ( cofee machine etc ) I really loved the beautiful bath in the room which will make you feel like you're Marie Antoinette.

The breakfast was AMAZING and serve til quite late ! You could get fruits, all kinds of cakes, cheeses , it was a blast !
They have a great pool, a beautiful garden and a lot of great surprises in the house which I am not to tell... ( the kids will love it ! and so will the grown up )
They will even give you a bike and you can ride it to the beach !

Most of all, they were amazing people, very kind and always here to make your stay special. I was going through a hard time and they tried everything to cheer me up ( which really isnt the job of bed and breakfast owners. ) and the eventually did ! I was even emotional to live the so so nice lady !
thanks again, and do visit them, it's faaaar better than an hotel !

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 5, 2012

The rooms are unique and sensational. The breakfasts are all home baked breads and home made jams and fresh fruit. The table was so loaded for 3 of us that I had to send a picture to my son, a chef, to show him how the French view breakfast. Our host spoke English and his wife took care of your every need. We stayed for 2 nights and I wish we could have stayed longer. WIFI, in French, WIFEY, service was provided gratis.

Stayed: July 2012, traveled with friends