“Better than the average local....”
Review of Le Puy a Vins - CLOSED

Le Puy a Vins
Cuisines: French
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Description: Fresh gourmet food and daily menus. Exclusively Loire wines menu (also to take-away). Catering service.
Reviewed October 8, 2013

The Chef here has worked in some well known restaurants and has brought that experience to this rural Loire village. Had a lovely dinner here whilst staying at the nearby La Grande Maison on the recommendation of the owners. Great choice of local wine and a concise but delicious menu. A little quiet when we were there as it was out of high season. Would happily revisit.

There are newer reviews for Le Puy a Vins

Reviewed October 2, 2013

This place is adorable! We had dinner here during a short stay nearby and absolutely loved it - lovely ambience, great food served by a very sweet waiter (who humoured me and my very poor French), nice decor - all win / win. We came here on the recommendation of our hosts, and to be honest I wasn't expecting all that much given that it is a very small village, so there can't be much clientele. However I was dead wrong - it was just lovely. My only small complaint would be that the menu was pretty limited (three of each course) but really that's not unexpected given that the turnover must be small. As a bonus, it was all very reasonably priced (especially the wine).

If you're staying nearby give it a try! I'm sure you'll love it.

Reviewed September 25, 2013

We ate twice at this restaurant and thought the cooking was very good. Portions were not too large which suited us as more traditional French restaurants favour the huge plateful. The small choice (three items per course) gives confidence that the chef is thinking about the best ingredients available on the day. We are not vegetarians but noted that there was no vegetarian choice for the main dishes, not uncommon in France. We particularly enjoyed the quail with truffle mash on our first visit and the crab salad on the second. Service is friendly but a bit erratic. There is only one waiter who really has to work hard and there was some waiting time between courses that was just a little too long. Wine by the glass was excellent - we like to have a white with the starter and a red with the main so it suited us.

Reviewed September 11, 2013

We were recommend to the restaurant by the owner of the hotel we were staying in
What a little gem
It's was excellent meal and reasonably priced

Reviewed August 25, 2013

We have visited twice this summer and on both occasions loved it. The decor is subtle with a slightly quirky twist. The menu is small with just 3 or 4 choices at each course and is A La Carte which I like, I can't eat several courses. The wine is reasonably priced and very local, we recognised several of the vinyards.
The staff are charming and friendly and speak some English but didn't mind that I wanted to speak my very bad French! Last time we went we sat outside with a view of the cathedral, it was lovely.
We took our son and the bill for 3 of us was 104 euros which included 3 starters, 3 main courses and a bottle of local wine (21euros) a bottle of san Pelligrano and 2 coffees.
The service isn't quick but who wants quick when you are having a pleasant evening?!