“Excellent Campsite”

Camping l'Arize
Ireland
“Excellent Campsite”
Reviewed July 8, 2014 via mobile

We visited this campsite in our motorhome in July 2014 we arrived late and were greeted by owners son who was very friendly and gave us a great welcome , he showed us their facility's etc and said we could leave all the paperwork until the following morning.
The following morning I met the owner ( lady mentioned in another review) and she was most helpfull she arranged golf for us in a nearby fantastic 18 hole golf course and also got us a discount. This golf course also has a very good pitch & putt course on it. The facility's on this campsite are excellent and owner and staff are very friendly.they also have very good wifi which can be hit and miss on some campsites. This campsite is in a beautiful country area and is very quite.
We would recommend if you are in this area to call and you will not regret your stay. Looking forward to our next visit .

Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
4 Thank PandCWmeath

Business
Bristol, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed September 9, 2013

I stayed here for two nights in early September this year while on a photography road trip around France. Luckily when I arrived the reception was open and the staff were friendly and helpful.

The site has good facilities including; toilets / shower block, small pool, plenty of secluded plots for setting up tents / parking campers, mains hook-ups for vans, water access on each plot, chalets, reliable wi-fi (€5 for 24 access – per device). There is a nice little restaurant just on the way-in which does a great steak! I should also note that the site is right next to a stream, so you will hear this when in tents etc. but I found it quite soothing and didn't bother me at all.

I found some lovely spots in this region, follow any road signs starting 'Col..' to get up into the higher regions, in particular 'Col de Péguère' has spectacular views being 4511 ft above sea. The area is heavily forested, heading up to the peaks you'll travel through tree-lined winding roads which are mostly only wide enough for one car, so take great care driving around – especially at night.

Overall I'd recommend this campsite. The reception is not manned all day, so make sure you check their website for details and I'd imagine pre-booking in peak season would be a good idea.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled solo
3 Thank Jayb_uk
Reviewed October 6, 2012

I was traveling around France with my parents and 2 young children. I booked a one night stay in Camping l'Arize and my booking was confirmed and clearly stated that check in was anytime between 4-8pm. We arrived between 7.30-7.45pm and were surprised that the reception area was closed and had been since 6pm. However, we were greeted by the owner once we rang the door bell. The owner was not happy to be disturbed and said that she could not take our booking as we booked too late and did not have linen to supply us. I did not believe this as it was off season! She proceeded to shout at us and told us how dare we book so late and turn up so late! We did inform her that the website which we booked via had taken our booking and informed us that we could check in upto 8pm that evening so did not understand why this was now different. She would not listen to this and asked us to pay a 20 euro fee for the inconvienence which we paid as we was slightly afraid of this women. We had to travel onto Foix with our 2 young children under 4 and elderly parents in search of accommodation. My experience with Camping l'Arize was very unpleasant and would definitely not recommend this camp.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
4 Thank Peekaboo227

Travelers are raving about these La-Bastide-de-Serou hotels

Also consider these accommodations in or near La-Bastide-de-Serou
Camping du Lac
Camping du Lac
#1 of 1 in Foix
Village Vacances "Les Lambrilles"
Village Vacances "Les Lambrilles...
#2 of 2 in La-Bastide-de-Serou
#1 of 2 in Mercus-Garrabet
La Tour Du Loup
La Tour Du Loup
#3 of 3 in La-Bastide-de-Serou

Been to Camping l'Arize? Share your experiences!