Karon Cafe Inn
$124
$106
Movenpick.com
  • Pool
Phunawa Resort(Karon Beach)(Great Value!)
$69
$44
$45
$39
  • Breakfast included
$104
$91
Pacific Club Resort(Karon Beach)(Great Value!)
$63
OneLoft Hotel(Karon Beach)(Great Value!)
$38
Trip.com
Diamond Cottage Resort & Spa(Karon Beach)(Great Value!)
$46
$39
Hotels.com
  • Breakfast included
$118
$20
$15
  • Pool
No availability for your dates from our partners
All reviewssmoked ribslocation is greatshort walk to the beachfree wifirooms are cleana great stayhotel is locatedliving roomexcellent hotelpacific clubkaronrefrigeratorbahtmassage
Reviewed December 23, 2012

Phuket not my favourite place in the world but this was a cracking little find, a short stroll from Hat Karon. Situated above a restaurant, the brand new rooms (2010) were sound proofed enough to ensure a decent nights kips. Shiny floors, free wi-fi, modern bathroom and large double bed – all for about £10. A perfect escape from the backpackers dorms.

Stayed: January 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed November 30, 2012

The Karon Cafe Inn provides all the necessary bits and pieces for a basic beach holiday. Room is clean and everything works. The food is outstanding. Steaks are a main feature on the menu and are I would highly recommend making a special trip to the restaurant if you're a steak lover. The prices in the restaurant are very fair.

Room Tip: Rooms at the back of the hotel are quieter.
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed October 17, 2012

I stayed at the karon cafe inn on the 16th October for one night ,the room was nice and clean ,it consists of a soft comfortable bed , tv , fridge and plenty of storage space,and a medium sized bathroom with sink shower and sink .

The location is just of the main road and a few mins walk to the beach .

Would I stay here again yes I would because it makes a good base to get to where I want to be

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled solo
2  Thank shane1212
Reviewed May 7, 2012

I consider myself an adequate writer and some have gone so far as to call me a “word smith”, however words seem an inadequate medium to describe my experience. First of all, I was greeted with David’s warm smile and he promptly checked me in when I arrived at 10:30pm that night. Of course Patak Rd was in full swing with families and a plethora of humanity milling about in front and around the Inn and with all of this commotion David welcomed me with a big smile. Given that I was completely exhausted and probably could only muster two more lines of functional Thai from my Thai language handbook, I could not have possibly paid for this initial introduction - as we say in my part of the United States, "The rest was gravy!" Speaking of food, my goodness, I swear it was the best Thai and western food I have ever had in a single restaurant.

Upon seeing the Trip Advisor review sign in front of the Inn, I thought, "Now, that's a convenient place to advertise! Let's just see how good this food really is I am such the contrarian!)." But before doing so, I thought that I ought to give the Hat Karon food scene a fair shake and have breakfast lunch and dinner at different places and see. After having somewhat runny curry down the street and uneventful (now how is this possible!) khao tom around the corner and pad thai that reminded me of the stuff back home (the waitress seemed like she had waited on one to many Farang that day, or she was just having a very day!), I decided to eat at the Inn.

Because I have voracious appetite, I had the continental breakfast with the khao tom (a breakfast soup), which I found splendid! I could taste the breadth of fresh ingredients because I could taste the onions, garlic and the feel the texture of small bits of chicken. To top off this meal, I encountered a whole cooked egg in the broth! Nice!

On another day, for lunch, I had pad thai, and this stuff was not like the stuff down the street from where I live in Oakland, CA U.S.A. This pad thai has so much depth of flavor that I am afraid that a full description would take up all of the memory allowed for this review. Trust me, if I had socks (It was too damned hot to wear them!) they would have flown right off!

For dinner, my highlight really does comes close to home because I hail from Oakland, where African-American food (soul food) runs in my veins and bbq is central to soul food. My leftist contrarian race conscious sensibilities were really raised when David told me about the coconut smoked pork ribs smoking in the Inn's smoker. As a matter of fact, on a couple of occasions on his daily evening rounds David conveniently suggested the ribs. My regionalistic and perhaps even my nationalistic sensibilities surfaced and thought, “How can I get good bbq in southeast Asia. Thinking to myself, “If this bbq actually pans out - I will have seen and have eaten it all!” I was hesitant - really because I did not want to spend the extra baht for this meal (I am an incredible cheap stake! God knows how I spent the money to go to Thailand!). So I ordered bbq ribs because the smoke from the smoker smelled so damned good and I was tired of seeing other happy restaurant goers waddle down Patak rd after having the ribs. Well let me tell you, I became waddler myself and smacked my lips right down Patak rd like the rest of them!

Now, I can say that the Karon Café Inn ribs are as good as any bbq ribs that I have had in Oakland or southwest Georgia, U.S.A. In particular ways they were better because the Kitchen Staff made use of local ingredients ie., coconut and other local ingredients! With my bbq experience digested and filed in my memory bank, I cried uncle and decided that my stay at Karon Care Inn was the best stay that I have had in any Inn/hotel or hostel in the USA, Japan, and yes even Mexico.

As far as my room goes, of the 4 places that I stayed in Thailand, Karon Care Inn stands out for its location, hospitality and location. My room was spacious, clean and I regularly found fresh towels and my bed neatly made after coming back from my morning swim. So nice…
I mean I enjoyed world class food, access to a world class beach within a sight filled 5 minutes walk and a fabulously happening party scene every night! My experience as a guest on the Thai New Year is another experience that I could not possibly pay for! I humbly thank all the staff for making me feel welcome and I hope to return as soon as possible (there goes that money thing again!). I would never have thought I would get to experience the 1964 Martha and Vandellas hit “Dancin’ in the Streets” in real life! Okay I am done – for now… To be continued…

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled on business
2  Thank Eligio24
Reviewed March 5, 2012

Karon Cafè Inn is a cheap place (double bed room was 1200 baht per night) which is placed in the centre of the chaos: it's located in a small street full of bars, restaurants, hotels and places which play music late in the night. During the night we had some problems to sleep, even if our room wasn't on the main street. However, the room was clean, large, simple but cosy, and it had everything you need (a/c, fridge, shower, fan, TV). But without earplugs you can't sleep!

Il Karon Cafè Inn è una pensione economica (matrimoniale 1200 baht a notte) posizionata nel centro del caos turistico: si trova in una stradina piena di bar, ristoranti, alberghi e locali che fanno musica all'aperto fino a tardi. La sera c'è molto rumore, abbiamo avuto difficoltà a dormire nonostante la nostra stanza non si affacciasse sulla strada principale. La camera comunque era molto pulita, spaziosa, semplice ma accogliente, e dotata di tutto il necessario (a/c, frigorifero, doccia, ventilatore, tv). Senza tappi, però, non si dorme!

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Sgorbietta
uncle-eric, Owner at Karon Cafe Inn, responded to this reviewResponded May 8, 2012

We kindly wish to inform our readers, the restaurant across the street with live music only operates from Dec - Mar (high season) from 20:00 - 23:00. The rest of the time our property is so quiet you can hear a pin drop in your room.

Karon Cafe is centrally located and fully soundproofed, so for most Guests it's just fine considering the quality of accommodation, proximity to the beach (2 min walk), and the price.

We kindly apologize it wasn't the right place for these folks who were obviously looking for a tranquil resort but unwilling to pay the rate for that (about 3-5 times our rates). It's better if folks looking for tranquility find a different place.

Happy Traveling,