Lowest prices for your stay
$41
Priceline$39
FindHotel$31
Trip.com$41
1,844 results
All reviews rooftop pool uncle eric full size fridge chai small kitchen big buddha small hill walk into town tuk tuk thai food away from the hustle and bustle phuket airport recommend this resort sauna zar pcr thailand
Selected filters
Reviewed December 2, 2012

The hotel is very nice. Rooms are very big, clean and comfortable. It has a swimming pool at the roof top with very nice views over Karon. The food in the restaurant is good and staff are very nice and helpful. The only con is the location. It is a bit far away from the beach, it's a 10-15 walk down/up the hill. If they would offer free tuk-tuk to and from the beach that would make it up.
Anyways, it is good value for the price. I would stay there again.

• Trip type: Traveled as a couple
2  Thank diego_travelling
Reviewed December 1, 2012

We booked the hotel after reading all the reviews here, but it was not as nice in my opinion.
The food was not great in the restaurant and the entire venue looked a bit old-fashioned and cheap (plastic chairs in terrasse). It was okay, but we had much more delicious food everywhere else.
The entire hotel is like going back 20 years in time - so old design.
The distance from the town is too far to walk and also very ugly narrow ghetto streets. Lots of construction everywhere, stray dogs and bad smell. So we rented a scooter from the hotel and it functioned nicely. I figured renting from the hotel is more expencive (outside 100, hotel 250), but the risk was smaller. I was right, we had no issues.
The service was poor. I ordered room-service and after finishing left my plates behind the door, but they were still there the next morning (12h later). No-one cared to clean it.
Also after we booked a hotel transfer for 5am we got woken up during the night by a bellboy who demanded money for it in advance since they have no staff in this hour. Why would they do that? Why not take the money when we booked it? Why wake up people who have an alarm in few hours?
The entire hotel smells like mould - especially the elevator and the corridors.
What suprised us also was that even though there is a phone in the room, you can not place outside calls so we had to find other ways to book tables in restaurants etc.
Overall I saw so many nice hotels around the area and would never choose this hotel over the others. I am so sad to have wasted my precious holiday time in such place.

Room tip: I guess the higher floors have better view - maybe even to the sea.
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
9  Thank maria l
Reviewed November 28, 2012

Based on reviews of this property, I booked me, my wife, and 8 year old for 5 nights in a one bedroom suite.

Upon check-in, they told us no one bedrooms were available and had put us in a 2 bedroom suite. Hey, great, no problem, always happy to take an upgrade. But when we got in the room, they had locked the second bedroom. I later asked the desk would they mind opening the second bedroom so my daughter could sleep in a real bed instead of a folding bed/cot in the living area? Sure, for 1200 more THB/night. Wow. Just about any hotel I've ever stayed in, if you get an upgrade, then "yay for you" and please go ahead and enjoy the extra space. Not here. I realize that opening that bedroom adds a bit more cleaning, etc. But still. This is the hospitality business after all -- you try to make people happy.

Well, whatever. It was still a very nice room, clean, etc. The restaurant was good, though I'm not sure I would call it great. Our first night we tried it and the service was comically slow. I chalk it up to just a bad night in the kitchen. On other nights, we ordered some room service and it came up quickly, so I think we just got unlucky. Loved the pool and really loved the sauna and whirlpool. Did that every night. Don't miss it.

My wife got a massage from the spa and liked it very much. More expensive than in town, but still a good value.

The setting was very nice and we enjoyed the sunsets from the pool deck. That brings me to location however. I read the reviews about there being a 10-15 minute walk into town, so this was not a surprise. But that walk turned out to be a real annoyance to me. Unfortunately, it is not a pleasant walk -- the roads are narrow and there is a lot of construction traffic. Not much shade and its uphill going back. To my wife, it was not as big of a deal, but I like to be able to walk outside my hotel and be in town and/or be able to catch a taxi or tuk-tuk. Can't do that here. For that reason alone, if I were to return to Phuket, I would look at other places. Again, that's just me. Some people like to spend most of their time at hotel and eat all meals there. This is a good place for that.

Finally, a few tid-bits on transport. they quoted us 950 THB to arrange a taxi back to airport. We did it for 650 on our own. Local transportation in Phuket overall is frustrating, especially if you're coming from elsewhere in Thailand where it is cheap and accessible. Taxis are 200 THB to go 500 feet. Be prepared. You can rent a car for a day, which we did, but that is a bit stressful (in a kind of fun way) with driving on left and dealing with traffic. Rent a scooter at your own risk. Saw lots of crazy scooter driving by tourists. And not rare at all to see tourists with bandages on calfs and arms from exhaust pipe burns and/or crashes.

But I digress. Overall, great stay at Pacific Club, but I would look at other places if I returned.

• Trip type: Traveled with family
uncle-eric, Owner at Pacific Club Resort, responded to this reviewResponded December 2, 2012

Dear BikeArlington,

Thanks for visiting us and for your detailed review.

I kindly apologize, my staff should have opened the second bedroom for you. It's our policy but the guy on duty that night slipped up. I'm sorry your request wasn't escalated.

BTW as you mentioned transportation in Phuket is not well thought out. We also recommend our Guests to rent a car if you plan to go out much. FYI for our readers, we forbid the tuk tuk taxi mafia from hanging around outside our resort and I think most folks will appreciate that. However, when our private cars aren't available we can call one of the the others up in a heartbeat.

Finally we've seen several reviews over the last few weeks where folks apparently hadn't considered our location which at 10 minutes from the beach and town (official clocked walking time) is far enough away from the riff raff to be called tranquil and relaxing. Most of our really satisfied Guests see that as a plus (along with our generally lower rates than similar properties). However, if you want to be closer to things, please kindly choose another place before booking.

Happy Traveling,

Eric

Reviewed November 26, 2012

We stayed here from 17th to the 21st of nov 2012 as soon as i got in the hotel i had a good feeling about it ofcourse since i had read all the reviews available on the net.We hired a car for the airport and believe u me u need one if u plan to stay anywhere in phuket.The access to the hotel is a small road going up the mountain and there r no signs or advertisments for this hotel either in the phuket map available on the airport or any other place.So keep u r eyes open when driving youself or keep u r cell ready to call the hotel.About the hotel i got upgraded to a 2 bedroom condo although i didnt need on as i was with my 4 yr old and my wife but it was the most awesome stay we had a big sitting area with a dinning table a full kitchen with rice cooker gas stove microwave fridge and utensils the balcony was even bigger than the room with 2 beach chairs to soak the sun and a sitting area.The food in the restaurant was awesome i had local thai cuisine only.Apart from the access road to the hotel we had a wonderful stay and the staff is ohhh so cheerful and ready to help u in any which way possible.The head chef Dan was forthcoming and met us humbly.Thanks everyone at Pacific

Room tip: Go there if u wanna relax and if u wanna party hard go to patong
  • Trip type: Traveled with family
2  Thank Djmeet
Reviewed November 23, 2012

I felt the hotel was ok. I stayed in the studio suite and felt that the room was rather gloomy. The food at the hotel was ok, and service passable. Nothing really stood out and the distance from the town to be a hindrance to visit restaurants and the beach. I am surprised that so many people gave it such a high rating. I know this hotel is a favorite of many people but it did not work for me. I would not return or recommend.

• Trip type: Traveled solo